Sunday, August 30, 2009

The master of our house

So, remember this post about Jeramy and his little group of bad influences? Here we go again...

As of tomorrow, Jeramy will be on the Master Cleanse with his buddies from work. If you don't want to read about it, I'll give you the quick rundown. For the next 10 (that's right, 10) days all Jeramy will be eating is

freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with
maple syrup B mixed with
cayenne pepper and
water.

Oh wait, I almost forgot! At night he is to drink a tea (caffeine free, of course) with a LAXATIVE in it to help...move things along. Then in the morning he gets to drink sea salt with water to...flush it all out.

Why, you might ask? "Because the guys at work are doing it."

So, this is the guy that has never been able to fast on fast Sunday.
This is the guy that enjoys eating until he is physically sick.
This is the guy that has tried just about every fad diet out there.
How many days (or hours) do you think he'll make it? Leave a comment with your expected outcome and the winner gets....the leftover stuff that he didn't use! :)

Oh yeah, and this means that I am not allowed to cook anything that smells. No late night popcorn. Us girls are currently taking invites for dinner at people's houses for the next 10 nights...sign up sheet should have gone around in Relief Society today. If you missed it, just give us a call! :)

I'll be updating his progress daily - with pictures!

6 comments:

Jennica said...

I think he can do it...my vote is all 10 days!!! ...and he is gonna feel great when he is done too, and I will be jealous. ;)

GO JERAMY GO!

Kristen said...

Um. Seems to me that there are less extreme ways to cleanse. I'm sure he COULD do it, but... nevermind. If this is your dream, Jeramy, shoot for the stars.

There sure are some strange cliffs these days.

Adhis said...

Ugh- that cleanse is so not great for a body. Leave it to "the guys" to get extreme. Dumb guys.

Jess and Jen said...

I don't get it... is that really all he eats? (or drinks?) It does not sound like fun either way! Maybe he should stick to running! Congrats on your calling by the way! That is my dream calling... but I would be terrified too!

J. Doug said...

holy crap! my friend from uruguay tried to get us to do a diet where all you drink is liquids for like 5 days and then have one free day..... remarkably you lose weight... well of course you do.

i have to admit that i've been on many diet fads, but what I am currently doing has helped me lose 25 lbs. I feel like i've got another 40 to go. it is:

fruits, veggies, and juices in moderation--we've lived off of our garden
a couple servings of meat a day
no carbs

that is the daily. then 3 times a week i take a good carb loaded meal like a sandwich or something like that.

i've dropped soda and caffeine.

i bet he lasts a good amount of time. the cleanse might work. i did one when i was vegan after we graduated from hillcrest and i loved it.

michele said...

Wow, I bet 10 days ya know since he made it through the first day. That is great!!