Sigh. That's can't be right. Don't they know me?
Well, the little voice was right. At least I was expecting it when the call came so I didn't die of laughter and ask if he was kidding.
I have been a nervous wreck about it ALL week.
BUT, I survived day one as the Primary Pianist.
And I'll have to admit, this past week has been pretty amazing for me. I have seriously set the timer and forced myself to play the piano and it has been so neat to feel the Spirit in my home. The Primary songs have brought such a peaceful, happy feeling with them. My kids have been amazing in supporting me and singing along when they know the song. It hasn't been that bad.
I thought I did all right today. Maddie let me know when we got home that she didn't even hear me mess up once. (She must have not been listening). But it wasn't awful. So, I ask for all your prayers and patience as I get better.
Hey, at least I have 2 weeks before the Primary program! :( Talk about stress!
It was hard not to sit with my primary class today. I will miss those guys so much, but I was definitely ready for a change. I've always said my heart is in Primary, and I know it is! In the past 6 years, Jer and I have been team teachers twice, I have served as secretary in 2 presidencies, and I've team taught for the past year with various sisters in the ward. But I love Primary! I'm glad to still be in there, just in a different seat...probably the scariest (and most uncomfortable seat) in the room.
So here's to my cute class of 12...I will love and miss them, but at least I'll still see them each week!
7 comments:
Heidi you did great! I was actually thinking to myself, Man, Heidi just jumped right in and is doing awesome! I don't blame you for being nervous, that would be scary. Sad you don't sit in front of me anymore though! :)
Heidi you're good at everything you do!!! I was thinking about you today and just wanted to say I love you!
You'll do great!
I thought the same as Heather, gosh she is doing really well!!! You get the best of both worlds, you get to sing fun songs, see the funny things kids do during sharing time, but dont have to stop the little boys from licking each other!! We now have some of your old kids, and i am sure will be calling you for help and advice... big shoes for us to fill!! GREAT JOB!!
I knew this calling was for you. You're going to do a great job! I'm sad I'm not there to see it.
:( Good Luck!!
OH I miss the class! You will be great as the pianist. A little less stressful than dealing with the 12 kids! Good luck!
LOL! Yeah, I didn't see that one coming, you should have heard me laugh, made Ken look over and ask why. I'm glad you saw it coming though....it's always better to have the time to prepare for it, huh! Sounds like you did awesome!
Post a Comment