Friday, March 20, 2009

iRene

I am now 100% sure that if any of these guys jumped off a cliff, Jeramy would follow. A little scary, eh?
Let me explain.
Jeramy is definitely a computer gadget guy. I try to keep this silly obsession in check, but sometimes it gets away from me. I have been fighting the iphone since the day it came out. I have sat through countless videos on the Internet about "how cool" the iphone is and why he really really really needs one. I've held my ground. I even taped the letter "i" to his phone for his birthday. He was not amused.
In November he finally decided that he would never win the iphone battle and he got a BlackJack - or something like that. Sigh. He was all, "I really really really want the iphone, but I will be responsible and just get this. Sigh."
Then everyone at work - one by one - started to get their iphones. And everyday I would hear, "Today so and so did this on his iphone....if we had an iphone right now I could do this...it really makes sense for me to get the iphone because..."
The final straw was when I told him my dad was getting one for his birthday.
"Heidi, everyone at work has one. I am the only one that doesn't have one and now you're telling me that your 70 year old dad is getting one. That's it! I'm getting it."
And I couldn't argue with that anymore. He did have a point.
So last night we went to the AT&T store and bought....MY iphone!!
Let me explain.
Because Jeramy had used his phone upgrade in November, he was not eligible to get a new phone, BUT his wife was. Ew. So with a great big grin on his face and the same one on the nice salesman's face - there went my upgrade. I am now the proud owner of Jeramy's BlackJack thingie that I don't know how to use.

Jeramy got home, got his phone out of the box. Left the room. Came back in and shot me with his phone. Wow. I paid how much for this awesome phone that can make shooting sounds? No, I really am excited and think it will be fun to play with.

I named his new phone iRene. He didn't appreciate that too much. So, if you see Jer congratulate him on his new daughter. He was up until 1 taking care of her, so he's going to be pretty tired until they get their routine down.

(And by the way, the picture is from Halloween. I just noticed what would appear to be a Halo above my hubby - how odd).

4 comments:

Adhis said...

Dave used to be all about the iPhone until he found out the G1 was coming out. Phew!

When did a PHONE become a status symbol??? Blegh.

Kristen said...

That's definitely a halo. I wouldn't complain though, considering the other accessories in the picture. Yikes.

Cute monkey border.

islandgirl said...

Very funny post Heidi, thanks for the laughs today, I'm surprised you got him to hold out that long!

Kat said...

Shhhhhh, don't tell my husband. :) He'll want one.