Yeah, I know it's August 3. BUT, the Wakley's are going to have a fun, festive GREEN week! We have zucchini, folks! My mother in law took pity on me and gave me 3. AND I have 3 that are ready to pick in my sad little garden. (yipee).
This will be the first time that I EVER have posted a recipe on my blog, but my kids all loved it so I thought I would share. I got this recipe up at my sister in law's this weekend from her Vita Mix Cookbook for zucchini pancakes. I'll post the link, so I don't get in trouble for stealing it. (But, come closer so that I can whisper to you that I didn't use the VitaMix blender thing, I just used my blender and it worked fine).
My kids thought it was St Patrick's day yesterday with green pancakes. Maddie (who won't eat green) said, "well, I'll try a bite." and she ate 5 pancakes! The pancakes are super dense and the texture is a little different because of the zucchini, but look at the 3g of fiber and 7g protein! I was just about giddy that they all ate them so well (and they all ate a TON of turkey bacon, too).
So, here's the link for zucchini pancakes. I hope you all give 'em a try! And if you have a great recipe with zucchini for me, please let me know!
3 comments:
Congrats on the beautiful zucchini plant! Now you'd better guard it or you'll end up with IOU's of your own.
Yummy Yummy! Thanks for the recipe. Keep 'em coming if you get more because I tend to have an overflow of zucchini. I'll do the same for you!
welcome to the world of plants that produce!
we have a few zucchini recipes that we like. liz does zucchini bread that is amazing. (i'll have her email it to you.)
I like to take the zucchini and cut them in to bite sized pieces, then take them put them in a zip lock bag and some water, put in a generous amount of salt and pepper, and either steam them, put them in a frying pan and burn them, or if you cut the pieces big enough you can bbq them. all of them are yummy. if you do the bbq add olive oil instead of water to the bag.
Post a Comment