Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nothing better than a (good) boy scout dinner

Jeramy taught me how to use the grill this week. All these years I thought it was "The Man-stove" and I've stayed away.
I wanted a boy scout dinner in the worst kind of way yesterday. Didn't want to break out the dutch oven. Didn't have coals. Didn't want to heat up the house by using the stove. Didn't think my Dad would appreciate a call asking for him to make me a boy scout dinner.
So....I googled how to grill them.
I diced, I sliced, I packed 'em up. I stuck 'em on the grill. 40 minutes later....walah!
This sad little one was Maddie's work of art. She was so excited to make her own without potatoes. There were MANY tears when she saw this. I felt pretty bad. :(
This is mine. The onions were...a little crunchy. The potatoes stuck to the tin foil, but the parts I got to eat were great!
Macie's was the best in the bunch! (And she didn't even eat it).

So, if you ever google how to make a boy scout dinner on the grill and it tells you to cook it at 450 for 45 minutes. Don't believe them. Jeramy about died when he got home and saw how high I was cooking it! "Never cook above 300" I was sternly told.
I guess I'll leave the grilling to him from now on.

1 comment: