Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I fought the good fight

I HATE Hannah Montana.
I have refused to have her music in my home.
I have refused to watch her show.
I have not bought anything Hannah Montana.
My kids even know that she is forbidden in our home.
Maddie got a Hannah Montana purse for Christmas from Grandma and Maddie said, "Um...my mom hates Hannah Montana."

BUT...I saw the preview for her movie when it came out and I have to admit, I was curious. So, I told my sister, "I kind of want to see the Hannah Montana movie" and she said happily, "Me too!!" So, we waited until it got to the dollar movie and we dragged her 2 teenage kids along (because we didn't want to be the 2 silly old ladies in the theater with no kids) and they rolled their eyes about how excited we were. I had to ask my niece a few times to explain the whole "2 life thing" because I was clueless.
Well, all 4 of us LOVED the movie! I think we were all surprised that it was pretty good. I loved the music in it and heck, I'll admit it - Billy Ray is still looking good! (You know I have a soft spot in my heart for men sporting sweet mullets - or really odd soul patches).

I kept telling Jer how much I loved the music in it and he would roll his eyes at me.

One night we "divided and conquered" like we usually do. I went to Michael's with Macie and he went to Graywhale with Maddie and Lindsay. I get a phone call from him, "Sigh, Maddie found the Hannah Montana CD, do you really want it?" I get all giddy, "Yes, yes yes!" another sigh from Jeramy, "Fine. I'll buy it."
So now I am the proud owner of the Hannah Montana Movie soundtrack. We jam out to it in our car (when Jer is not around). Macie carries the case around saying "Han Tannah" and Maddie sings along to all her songs. I even had to stop and really ponder with a smile on my face when I saw some sweet Hannah tennis shoes on clearance for ONE DOLLAR in my size at the Wally world.
And later today, I will be the proud owner of the movie. :)

What is your deep, dark secret?

10 comments:

Adhis said...

I ain't got no secret deep enough or dark enough to top that one. And I've killed a man with my bare hands.

You go, girl (of the deepest darkest corner of the underworld)!

J. Doug said...

oh heidi, oh heidi,
we've lost you. remember you can always come back....

Kristen said...

My deep secret is that I have a friend who gave in and bought Hannah Montana shoes.

But given the whole cowboy-love theme of the movie, you're forgiven, but only because of who you married. (I picked up on the theme from a commercial. Did I get it right?)

Jenni said...

LOL Heidi! My confession is that I like the show Secret Life of an American Teenager. :)

Jess and Jen said...

Yea Miley Cyrus! I love the nickelodeon show Even Stevens! Jess would always make fun of me when we dated for watching it!

Kat said...

I love the Disney Channel. My favorite show is Phineas and Ferb. :) Yes, I claim that I watch it cause Caden loves it, but it is mainly for me. LOL
There, I said it. That being said, Caden LOVES Hannah Montana's music from the movie. He even started learning all the steps to the Hoedown Throwdown. Yeah, he might show you if you ask him. LOL

Jon and Aim said...

Sucka!!!! well, I guess I might see you at the Miley Cyrus concert this September...Aimee is dragging me there. Maybe you have seats next to us, and we can pretend to sing her songs.

The Frazier's

Jenn said...

WE LOVE the Hannah Montana movie and soundtrack. I'm wondering if I can just copy and paste this post to my blog. We seem to have shared our love hate relationship with Hannah. Then Alita talked me into the CD from the library. WE too jammed out in the car. We kept renewing it as much as they would allow. Then the big day came Tuesday night we got the movie and watched it. Wednesday, Alita had it on all day just playing over and over. She would come up to me and say. "MOM COME LISTEN IT'S ALMOST CLIMB TIME or BUTTERFLY TIME!!!" She started to cry when I told her we had to take it back. She will be so excited when I tell her she can go over to Lindsey's house and watch it any time :)

OUR Coop said...

Deep secret! I too love Hannah! Crazy I know I will be the mom singing and dancing with my teenagers and embarassing the heck out of them at her concert! Or the next idol then.

I do HaTe the Jonas Brothers though!

islandgirl said...

What was your problem with her, lol? Yeah, my girls LOVED her, until all the sudden it became UNCOOL to like her in the older crowds. Whatever, I should take them to see the movie too. It actually looks good. Glad to hear a good review!