I have 3 girls, which means every morning I have to decide how to do their hair. Sometimes I take requests. Sometimes I don't. Some days I can use up to 18 elastics between all 3. Some days I can talk them into wearing bows, some days I can't. (I'm sure some of you have seen me sneaking them into Macie's hair at church when she's distracted, but that's another blog story). I feel like I do a good job and don't always do the same thing. But tonight as we were hurrying to get ready to go to a baptism, Jer saw Macie and sighed really loud.
"Heidi, I really really hate that you ALWAYS give our kids mullets."
"Huh?"
"Look at her, you are only doing half of her hair and leaving the rest just hanging down her back like a mullet. You are the ONLY person alive that does this mullet style to their kids."
Sniffle, sniffle. Does it really look like a mullet? Am I the ONLY mom that has ever done this style? If you have done it, how often? I didn't realize it was a bad thing. I'm pretty sure I've seen it on other little girls. :( I really did like the 80's, but I thought I was past them. So...now I'm going to try and put a survey on the side so I can get your input. No hard feelings if I am indeed making mullets, I need to know!
(side story: I do not have any pictures of my baby really smiling. None. In the first picture I told her to put her head up and smile. That's what I got. My quest for the week is to catch her smiling. Wish me luck).
9 comments:
I have done Hailey's hair like that PLENTY of times. Not a mullet :)
I'm guilty of fixin' Sami's hair like this when she had hair to fix.
I've done that to Alita's hair a lot. It's keeps the hair out of her face while still covering her neck from the sun. I think Jeramy is just jealous.
I have those pics for you...the lighting wasn't ideal, but I did get a bunch of her smiling! ;)
I don't see anything wrong with the hair. I tota-- oops, gotta go, possum's ready!
Okay I have to say WHAT!? Jer it must be the Idaho coming out. It is not a Mullet. I have to do karleigh's hair like that everyday cause her hair is not long enough for anything else. I am wondering if Jer laid awake just trying to think that up. No I think it is just the idaho in him. Smile haha! :)
Uh, not sure where your hubby came up with that one but it made me laugh. Believe me I have done Kara's hair like this PLENTY of times and see many others like this as well. I think your fine.
Idahoan's love the 'do too. Sorry Jeramy! That's how I do Nicole's hair when I'm at the TOP of my game. I think it's super cute. It's like a cute ponytail but you leave the prettiness in back. But hey I am from Idaho, so what do I know?
ps- If I thought it looked mullet-y I would tell you. Ew.
pps- Maybe you should post pictures of all your other cute hairstyles, for us mom's who don't know anything BUT the "mullet."
ppps- It IS good that Jeramy cares. Many don't. =o)
I am SOOOOO laughing out loud right now. If that is indeed a mullet, my little Ava has been sportin' one quite a bit. :) She looks darling. Just turn the hair-doing over to Jeramy. Ha Ha. Have to say I laughed out loud while reading the other comments too. Yes Jenn - I also think Jeramy is jealous and Christi - Sami's hair will most certainly grow back and you will be able to give her a mullet as often as you'd like! And Adhis - I really don't know how to respond to your possum comment. :)
Post a Comment