Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So my child...


Last night we put the kids to bed extra early. They were all a little grumpy all day, so we put them down at 7:45. About an hour later when I checked on them, Maddie was still awake. I thought back on the day, and she and I had kind of had a rough day together, so I decided to go lay with her and talk to her. I went in and layed down. We started to talk. Then I smelled something. Sniff. Sniff Sniff. Chocolate. Sniff sniff again. Peppermint.

"Maddie, what are you eating?"
Big old smile with brown teeth "Nothing, Mom."

So I lift up her pillow and discover candy bar and mint wrappers. How could I be mad at her for something I would do? I'm just trying to figure out how she got them down. The beloved green candy bowl stays high out of reach. Then I remembered. I gave them a treat after lunch and I forgot to put it back up. I (should I admit this on my blog) took a nap with the little girls and left Maddie to fend for herself. Apparently she fended better than I thought she did!

This morning when I was making beds, I lifted up Lindsay's pillow and there was another stash of candy with a cute little note that said, "I love you. Madison" What a great big sister!

I went in and checked under my pillow. No treat. Bummer. I wonder how many more stashes she has around the house??

I took this picture tonight when I got home from my meeting. I just love the crazy lady look in her eyes. "CANDY!"
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Katy said...

I used to sneak the lunchbox treats my mom hid in the top cupboard. The back of my closet was littered with Swiss Roll wrappers and the like.

Maddie is so cute, but the best part is how she so sweetly shared her bounty with her little sister! That's a true friend. :-)

Mandi Ward said...

Thats to funny. Sounds like something Ella would do but without the sharing with her sister.

Meredith said...

Oh so you're gonna be that way huh!? 2 Can play at that game..you better watch your back Heidi WakeWii!!!

Kristen said...

"Oh uh. Mom's coming to bond with me. She's going to smell candy on my breath!"

Note: Go trick-or-treating to the Wakley's house. Every day is candy day!

Meredith said...

btw I tagged you on my blog for husband tag.. aren't you so excited!

Jenn said...

That is great! And to think that she hide some for her little sister, what a great kid. Halloween is going to be fun at your place. Candy every night under the pillow!!!

Lyns said...

That is too funny! What cute kids you have. I heard you talking about your blog today so I had to come and find it! :) Thanks so much for the fun day today! We had a blast!

michele said...

That is so cute!! I love it! What a great big sister she is.

Jennica said...

Can you just stop it already!...how can one mom have so many funny stories to share and write them so well. I ENVY you Heidi!!! Hey, at least she shared some of her spoils. =)

Jess and Jen said...

Like mother like daughter, eh? Way to go Maddie! Starting with the chocolate stashes young! I never outgrew that.