Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I wonder...

I am just wondering if anyone else feels really dumb when it comes time to type in the little 'letter code' when you want to post a comment on someone's blog. My hands get all sweaty. I'll be the first to admit that I don't get it right all the time. Then I feel dumb. Can't read letters. Can't type letters. I'm a failure at blogging. I'm a failure as a mother. It's an endless cycle. hate those things!

And then tonight I also had the deep and profound thought, "Where do my bobby pins all go?" Around here they are like socks in the dryer. I buy a huge pack, and they all slowly dissappear. But where do they go??

Can you tell I'm killing time waiting for clothes to dry in the dryer?

8 comments:

Janet said...

I love random thoughts like that! Reading your blog always makes me laugh!!

Adhis said...

I hate those code verification thingamajabs. They're supposed to stop spam, but I have never gotten spam. I think I've seen spam once, MAYBE twice, in someone else's blog. It's not worth it to me to force others to type in those infidel cursive smooshed-together letters. I hate wondering "is that an 'i', a 'j', or an 'l'? Dang it, it was a 't'!!" And then having to decipher a whole new puzzle...

What I don't get is the people who have those verification codes on PRIVATE blogs. Say whut?

Adhis said...

Can you tell I was postponing getting the clothes out of the dryer?

Jenni said...

LOL about the verification code! I know there has been a few times where I have sworn that I put in every letter right, but it still comes out wrong.

Mandi Ward said...

Hate the word verifications also and I have the same problem with the bobby pins, I think mine might all be in the vacumm, I dont know. I dont think I even spelled vacumm righr oh well.

J. Doug said...

Oh ponderious one we stand in awe of your thoughful(less) ramblings.
I at times find that I cannot do the lettering correct either. I typically don't lose my bobby pins in my hair.
You are so funny!
-Doug

Kristen said...

I think everyone's bobby pins are at my house. I never buy them, never wear them, and they keep showing up.

I always figure out who left them here - babysitters, guests, etc.

So I think you're leaving them at other people's houses. STOP IT. It bugs them too! =o)

MattnBeck said...

I almost did a blog about the verification codes a day or two ago.....sheesh. Yours was so exciting, though, that I think I'll hold off.

I'll get back to you on the bobby pins. I think that this last bill that congress passed for $810B had some earmarks commissioning a blue ribbon council to determine the bobby pin problem, among other things...(not to mention the sock-eating dryer).