I was tagged by my sister-in-law to list 6 of my unusual quirks. Here ya go folks! I know some of you will never be able to look at me the same again!
1). I have to eat my M&M's in twos and by color. Seriously. Sometimes Jeramy will purposely leave an odd number just to watch my reaction.
2). I have to put chap stick on before I go to bed. I keep it on my dresser and it is the last stop I make in the dark on my way to bed. Last night it was missing. After shuffling around in the dark trying to find it, I gave up and tried to go to bed without it an layed there angry at some child for moving my chapstick. I had to finally get up and go find one.
3). I make lists. A lot of lists. Those of you who used to work for me know that I'm a little obsessive in the list department. Sometimes I make lists about lists I need to make.
4) I hate being late. Hate it. Oh man. There is nothing worse to me in the world. If any of you know my husband, you'll know he takes his time and doesn't care if we're late. If I get uptight about being late and tell him to hurry up, he'll purposely move slower just to tick me off even more. He just loves to see the blood boiling over in my face - which it does qutie often.
5) I can't eat pretzels. They make me throw up. Always have, always will. I bought Chex mix the other day and Jeramy left it down on the computer, so I was carefully fishing out the pretzels and making a stack of them as I do in such situations. Somehow, one slipped in my mouth mixed with the good stuff and I had to spit it all out. Even the smell will make my stomach turn.
6). I can't eat the last bite of any sandwich. No matter how good it was, I just can't eat it. I really don't know why. I think it might stem from one of those childhood things. My mom used to do these health diet things. One of the things she was taught was if you can leave your last bite, it shows you are in control of what you are eating. Maybe I do it because I like to feel like I am in control of one thing in my life. I really don't know.
So now you know ALL of my quirks. I have no more. I am perfect other than those 6 flaws. Reading through my post I just realized something. My darling husband likes to use those quirks against me. Well, I'd better share Jeramy's biggest quirk and make a confession.
Jeramy checks the garage door at least 6 times a night to make sure it's locked. He unlocks the dead bolt and door, opens the door and checks to make sure the garage is shut. HE is the only one who locks doors in our house, so he SHOULD know that he's already checked it. Every time he walks past, he checks it. Now the confession.
Sometimes I unlock it just to watch him check it when he walks past. And sometimes when we are laying in bed, I'll say, "Honey, did you lock the doors?" He'll say, "Yes." Then a few minutes later he'll sigh and get up and go check them again. I do know where he got this quirk from and I do know she checks my blog. Love you, too Mary!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You are so quirky and I love it! Thanks for sharing...your funny self with us. And tell Jer to leave you alone!!! =)
I love making lists too! I love all of your quirks, so funny :)
You DO know that we moved, right? Jeramy shouldn't be worried about the locks anymore.
These made me laugh!! You are so funny! Thanks for sharing these!
The garage door thing just makes me laugh becuase my husband is the exact same way.
Just when you think you know everything about someone... thanks for being a good sport! Ellie got her hair trimmed the other day... about put Jesse in panic mode!
I am a list maker also! Drives the hubby nuts until we are in the store and he forgot something but I didn't because it was on MY list! Too cute!
So I do the same thing with the garage! I will unlock the deadbolt and check to make sure the garage door is closed. I always thought it was part of my "ocd" but maybe I'm not as weird as I thought...hmmm..maybe not!
~Meredith
Just so you know - the M & Ms, the chap stick, the list making and the going late are all GENETIC! You are on your own for the other two.
Yeah, you're weird. I can't relate to any of those quirks. None whatsoever.
Just three days ago, I decided that I will not make any more lists unless they are for shopping. I'm doing well so far! It seems going to those LMA (List Makers Anonymous) meetings has been paying off.
Post a Comment