Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A hairy experience



All of my girls needed haircuts sooo bad, so I decided today was the day to get it done. I decided to go to Capelli's Hair School down in Lindon. My niece went there and I had her do our hair while she was there, so how bad could it be? And $5.50 for a kids cut - sweet!


Umm...I've learned my lesson. They cut both girls at the same time, so I was walking back and forth between them. Lindsays kept getting shorter and shorter as the girl went. She got around her head and even I could see that it was NOT straight. I knew the teacher would come save the day, but no. The girl never called for a teacher to come check it off, so I had to be THAT customer and say, "Um, I don't think this is really straight."


So she says, "Oh yeah, I forgot to check it, didn't I?" HELLO! So back up my Lindsay goes in the chair, and she pulls her hair infront of her face and it is seriously and inch longer on one side. So she starts to snip again. My stomach drops to the floor as more and more of my Lindsay's gorgeous curls fall to the floor. She finally stops and I honestly think she cut over 2 inches off! Her Daddy is going to FLIP-and not in a good way - when he sees it. (He's a little crazy about their hair).

Maddie's is fine other than I told her to cut an inch and a half and she probably only took off a quarter of an inch. At that point, I decided to just say, "Looks good" and get the heck out of there!


So now for the good part of the trip!

As we were pulling out of the parking lot, I called and made an appointment with my niece Amy at the new Cookie Cutters in AF and went over and did Macie's hair there. It was totally worth it! They have a slide for them to play on while you wait, and they sit in little cars to get their hair cut. You can choose what movie they watch, they get a sucker and a balloon and these gals KNOW how to work with kids! It's a little on the spendy side (13.95 for a haircut), but if you have a child that struggles with the hair cut thing, it's totally worth it!


Now through Saturday, if you call and make an appointment (341-5110), the haircut is only $9.95. If you go, DON'T buy their bows, let me make them for you for over half off their prices!
So, my pictures are not moving around like they should. The top pictures are at Cookie Cutters, they should go down here.

7 comments:

Russ Steele said...

Heidi, you should have borrowed Dad's Flobe hari cutting system. At least it would have come out even. Finding a good person to cut your hair is one of the worst things about moving. It usually takes five tries to find a keeper and ther is no guarantee that they are working when yo go the next time. Boy do I miss the days when Sister Fackrell would cut my hair. No-one, I mean no-one has ever did as good of job as she did with my hair. I wonder if she still cuts hair? You might check with Dad to find out.

Mandi Ward said...

Lindsay is still a cutie. What did Jeramy think?

Katy said...

Bummer about the hair school experience, but your girls are so cute I am sure they look darling anyway!

I love Cookie Cutters! In fact, I was there with Isaiah just last week. They really are great. I do love the bows they sell but am just too cheap, er, frugal, to buy any. I'll have to look at yours. Are they on your craft blog (I assume)? I'll go check it out soon. :-)

OUR Coop said...

Hey we just got a new Cookie Cutters by us in Bountiful. I love the slide thing and all but everytime I have been there they have done a horrible job. We just need a good cutter there. Especially for the price. I am bummed because the kids love going there. And about the bows way overpriced. I agree.

Sorry about the Memories Sale. I was going to call but Preston was having a bad day with the tonsils and all and I forgot! Sorry!=(

Adhis said...

Every time I go to Kid to Kid to Kid to, I wondered how much haircuts are at that Cookie Cutters place. I wonder no more!

I thought it might be a little pricey for a child's cut. I think Baby Dhis will just be Hippie Dhis.

Kristen said...

Baby Dhis? A haircut? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry.

So the Macie picture isn't your neice? I was going to say how much she looks like you! Now I'm confused.

You sell bows? =o)

Meredith said...

Aw, I think Lindsey's hair looks cute! If you hadn't said anything I would have thought you did it to match yours :) I hate it when that kinda thing happens...good thing it'll grow back!

BTW, who's car is that ugly brown busted up lookin thing in the the background of Lindseys pic? They really need to get rid of that thing!!! lol Seriously, I'm telling Blake to do something about it this weekend!