Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Randomness for the day

1) School pictures were quite the drama at our house. Maddie refused to get dressed in the morning. Didn't want her hair done. She got home and told us that she didn't smile, so I wasn't expecting MUCH from her pictures. I was even prepared for a silly smile showing off her missing bottom tooth, but no.
The pictures came home yesterday. I think I would have enjoyed a scowl or frown better than the face she's pulling. I would put the picture up on my blog, but you know - copyright stuff. So close your eyes and picture my darling little redhead. Pretty blue eyes, matching blue shirt - nasty blue background that is just off enough from her blue so she's not a chameleon, but not a good match. The color is just a little off - she looks washed out. They must have told her to put her chin back or something because she has a double chin going on, and a fake smile. Her hair is lopsided. I'm ready to throw them away.

On a funnier note:

Can anyone guess what my girls learned about at church Sunday? No, not how to tick off a mom in 30 seconds or less (but this worked great). They talked about the sacrament. My daughters broke bread together while I was blogging downstairs. (and snuck a cookie)

And here's an update on Lindsay's gag reflex. She's discovered she loves hot dogs. The other day she was having one, and her fork poked through to the other side. She couldn't figure out what it was. She starts to panic, "Mom, look." Gag, dry heave - as she is touching the little bit of fork sticking out. She felt pretty silly when I pulled her fork out and the disgusting little speck dissappeared.

11 comments:

Adhis said...

I think your girls are onto something by adding a banana to the sacrament bread...

Aubrey said...

What funny girls! I love your girls!

I also wanted to let you know that I changed my blog address. (ryanaubrey, instead of ryanandaubreysorenson).

Janet said...

School pictures at our house didn't turn out, at all. I paid almost $40 total for their packages. They should have to send a proof home before I send the money in. Crazy. Well, it'll funny later!

Jess and Jen said...

Too bad about Maddie's school pics. Add Lindsay's fork incident to Jess and I's fav stories about Lindsay!

Kristen said...

"You can make me get dressed, you can fix my hair, you can make me go to school for pictures, but you can't make me smile pretty!" There's always next spring.

Thanks, I feel a lot better about NOT ordering Jonathan's school pictures. We had just gotten some great ones of him at a studio on his birthday so I decided the school ones couldn't possibly be better. But when all the other kindergartener's were taking their school pictures home I felt bad and wondered if it was the wrong decision. Nope. Thanks for making me feel better. Sorry if I made you feel worse. =o)

Lindsay, Lindsay...

Jenn said...

Don't they do retakes anymore? I remember picture days. They push those kids through so fast. I would always ask a parent to volunteer so between both of us we could try and get everyone a good picture. Lindsey and the fork is just great. I'm still laughing about it.

Soccer Mom said...

My girls' pictures never turn out, so I don't order them anymore! One year I swear they put someone else in for Lizzy! It didn't even look like her!!! I love the fork story! Mikki fell asleep one day with a fork in her mouth!!!

Mandi Ward said...

Your kids are to funny. I hate school pictures. You get the pictures and wonder who's kid that is in the picture.

jill said...

Heidi, I love lindsey she is the cutest little girl!! When I was reading about her gagging at the little speck of fork showing through, I was laughing out loud soo hard I almost was crying, that is the funniest story ever!!

Kat said...

Hmmm, cookies as the sacrament. I like it! :) They are cute. I never liked school pictures. It always ended up that something was wrong, pink eye, HUGE glasses, bad haircut as beauty school, etc. The list could go on and on. I am so thankful to have digital cameras and be able to take my own pictures now. Especially with Photoshop. LOL :)

Forsyth Family Fun said...

Did you know they do picture retakes?
Just send back those pictures and they will retake them. They usually do a better job the second time because they know you are a picky mom sending back pictures. : >