Are you ready for a scary Halloween story??
Lindsay got this cool phone for her birthday from her aunt. They were LOVING just playing with it, then last week I had to take it to a whole new level. It had...software! So I plugged the phone into our computer and put in all of our birthdays, favorite things and friends, Social Security numbers - just kidding on that one. The night I did this, I just left it in the computer room. (start humming your favorite scary music) It was late and I was the only one up on the computer - as usual. Then the Barbie phone starts to ring. Voice mail picks up, "Lindsay, I know you like Mac and Cheese." YIKES! A few minutes later, more ringing. "Lindsay, you should wear your favorite blue shirt tomorrow." CREEPY! Keep in mind it was about midnight. I know I put that information into the phone, but it was still just a little weird to have Barbie calling my house and talking about my little girl - like she was watching through the window.
We now turn off the phone at a reasonable hour so the girls don't come hurdling down the stairs after bedtime when they hear the phone ring. If Barbie knows so much about my kids, why doesn't she know they go to bed at 8?
This picture is Lindsay watching TV holding her phone (and a cookie) so that she doesn't miss a call.
I hope you all survived my scary story. My hands are all sweaty just writing about it!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
"Chuckle, giggle, ha ha he"...I think that is what I sounded like when I read your post!
Heidi, You're hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh!
Thats to funny. My girls would love a phone like that we did your aunt get it.
Thats to funny. My girls would love a phone like that we did your aunt get it.
I am glad it is not just our phone! Preston asked Santa for that phone last christmas. It will randomly just start ringing at night. I too was terrified!! to say the least!
I actually put off reading this post when I saw the intro "Are you ready for a scary Halloween story??" in Google Reader. I don't want to be spooked at all, can't handle it this year. But my curiosity got the best of me.
I'm glad it's just a silly ol' toy phone story.
But just in case, I'll sleep with the lights on tonight. And the phones unplugged.
Twilight zone! If it was in my house it would not have survived, I would have accidently lost it!
Holy cow! I already have to ward my kids off from my iPhone. This Barbie phone sounds much cooler.
-Doug
I left a fun comment but it got deleted. Sorry, too tired to try again.
I left a FUNNER comment, but it got even more deleted. Sorry, I'm eating and my mouth is too full to try again.
I HATE toys that talk. I was a big fan of X-Files and the only episode that freaked me out was one with a doll that said "Let's Play" and then people would start dying. OOOHH. I still get chills thinking about it. Moral of the story: My kids don't have "talking" stuff. All that stuff stays at Grandma's house.
I was going to leave a hilarious comment but after reading Kristen and Adhis' comments I totally forgot what I was going to say.
So I'm almost embarrassed to admit but I have been checking every day to see if you added me on your blog page since I really only started this blog thing because of your and Jill's urging.. What's the holdup Heidi???? If you don't like me just say it! lol :) Seriously though, it's driving me crazy 'cause of my OCD!!!
Post a Comment