My sister in law introduced me to liquid laundry detergent. Huh. I never knew it existed until a few months ago. I also really like this Costco kind for my little sensitive skin kids!
Netflix. Ahhh, my best friend. We got rid of cable TV after the Jazz season ended in the spring and got a Netflix account. We have 3 out at a time unlimited and it is so nice! Jer gets his documentaries and dumb shows, I get my chick flicks, and the kids get their own movie. It has been so nice for all of us! The girls love getting a new movie every few days, and I love not having to buy a movie all the time, then have it around for more clutter. And I love not having to watch the same movie 100 times. When I am getting sick of theirs, I just tell them it's time for it to go back. (I think it's $18 a month for this membership. We all average about 2 movies a week, so we definately get our $$$ worth).
I know Jer will see this one and be totally grossed out that I put it on here, but seriously - I love my Pedegg. This thing rocks at getting rid of the dry skin on my feet. (The first time I did it, he said, "Why don't you just go get the cheese grater, it would probably work just as good." Sick. Gotta love him).
Having said that...this is my cheese grater from Ikea. I LOVE this! (My sister Robin told me about this one). The grater snaps onto a bowl so it doesn't slide around, and the bowl comes with a lid, so if you end up with too much cheese, you can put the lid on and just stick it in the fridge. (and as a side note, we went to Ikea last Friday and lo and behold, they let Lindsay play. Go figure. I knew she was tall enough!)
And the last thing, I didn't take a picture of, but love it just the same. Google Reader. This is on your Gmail account at the top left-hand corner. You click it, then you can add people's blog addresses, and when you open it after that, it will show who has updated their blog. It is great not to have to check 50 or so blogs a day to see who has updated. The only catch is that it can't check private blogs.
What are your favorite things around the house??
17 comments:
I swear we had the liquid versus powder laundry detergent discussion a few years ago. Hmmm. That's the kind we've used for years. I guess you don't trust me as much as your sister in law. =o) You DO toss the cup in with the wash, right? That saves a lot of mess too. Took me a year or so to figure that out.
I love a lot of these things and some I've never seen before. Great ideas! I'll look around here for some to share...
Reminds me, will you share your crock pot pork chop recipe?
Many of your favorite things are mine as well. However you have missed my most favorite thing that makes my life easier. It is my wife Josi!
I love magic erasers too! I am going to try the diapers and the liquid detergent soap, and the sippy cups!
I love the crockpot, you should post some recipes!!!
I'm intrigued by the Target diapers.
That sounds so weird coming out of my mouth (well, mind and typing fingers). A baby sure puts a big ol' dent in the coolness factor.
I have lots of favorites, but some of yours are awesome and I will have to think about getting some of them!!! Thanks for sharing!
So I love this post! And where do you get those cute cups? One more thing the girl that commented about throwing the detergent cup in the wash is brilliant. I hate how slimy it gets and my hands. I never thought about throwing it in the wash. So thanks.
We'll have to talk Heidi. I'm kind of a laundry snob and have used powdered Tide for years. I'm too scared to spend the money on a different brand, totally hate it, and it goes to waste because I won't use it. Is the Kirkland brand really good? Can I come smell your clothes? Okay, I know that sounded psycho, BUT I'M SERIOUS. I LOVE magic erasers. Life savers when it comes to permanent marker on walls. Yes I've cleaned several of those pictures! Those other ideas are great too! I'm going to have to ponder my favorite "make life easier" things and do a post too. Thanks Kristen for the awesome lid idea too!
Hey I actually had a good suggestion! And just for the record, the soap lids ARE dryer safe too, if you can't find it in the wet clothes. They go clunk clunk a lot but the heat won't melt them.
The scented Kirkland is good too, now that our little ones aren't as sensitive.
My one last "life easier" thing is Oxiclean. Powder - I dump a small amount in my white load every time and now our white underclothing are WHITE instead of grey or yellow or blue. I put some in other loads too if I know they're extra dirty. And Spray OxiClean - I have NEVER had a stain stay in since I started using this. I rinse a stain with water and a toothbrush, then spray with oxiclean and rub it in with the toothbrush. Let it sit at least half an hour and then wash with a normal batch. Always gets clean. ALWAYS.
Laundry used to be my downfall. Now I almost enjoy it!
ps - Yesss my picture worked.
I'm with Kristen I LOVE Oxiclean! I'm going to have to try those sippys. Just today I had to through out a nice sippy that didn't get it's plug pulled out and now I see black(YUCKY). I have alway thought that the plug was what stops it from spilling. Do those sippys you have spill? I also am on the Magic eraser Fan list. Although did you see the email about not letting your children use it. I guess the chemical that makes it work so well can cause 3rd degree burn on our childrens sensitive skin. Target diapers are also our favorite. We found then the same way you did. And I'm going to have to add that cheese grated to my christmas list. I'll have to pay close attention and find out what my "things" are. What a great post.
Kristen, I honestly don't remember that talk, but maybe it is like the scriptures - until you are ready for them to make sense and work for you, they won't. I am also wondering how you choose who's toothbrush to use.
Aubrey - stop by anytime for a whiff. The "Free" of everything smells like - nothing. Go figure. Also, if you don't like anything Kirkland brand, they will take it back.
Celeste- the sippies are at wal-mart $6.98 for 2.
Jenn - I don't think they leak any more than my other ones do. Meredith begs to differ on this matter.
Did I get everyone?
Hey! Why are you bringing me into this? lol For the record I do think those sippies are great because of the not-having-to-deal-with-the-stupid-rubber-piece factor but they do leak more if the sippy part gets pushed up against something. i.e when I put Tyler to bed with those sippies and it gets stuck upside-down up against his mattress I always have a puddle in the morning.
However in a normal situation they don't leak and are way easier to keep track of! Now that I've thoroughly defended myself... haha
So you know I love ya Heidi, but the more I learn about you the more I begin to wonder what rock you grew up under lol! Here's my evidence and the list of things you had never heard of: bundt pan, breadcrumbs, ginger ale and now liquid detergent! I'm stumped!
With that said, one of my favorite things is Downy liquid fabric softener. I've never been able to find a detergent that would make my clothes smell all fresh after washing them and had always just used dryer sheets and then my sister told me that she uses liquid fabric softener. It's great and my clothes always smell so good when I pull them out of the dryer!
Meredith,
I have a question about the fabric softner. You have to promise you will not laugh. Don't you have to add it at a certain time while it is washing. I had a roommate in college that used fabric softner and she always had a timer with her on laundry day so she new when to go add it. Is that really how it works?
Meredith. Sigh. Yes, a rock. Not "I rock" like you do. COugh cough...never used fabric softener either. I guess I've lived a sheltered life. I would love to hear my sisters chime in here and defend me...
jenn - there is an awesome downey ball that you can pour in the fabric softner and toss the ball in at the beginning of the wash. Downey does make all the difference too! Russ' mother never used fabric softner growing up and he is always AMAZED at how soft our clothes are!
It's supposed to go in during the rinse cycle, but my washer has a liquid softener cup attached so I just add it in the cup at the start and then it automatically releases at the start of the rinse cycle. If your washer doesn't have that feature, they also have liquid softener balls that you can buy that you throw in at the start and they release the same way. I think they are on the "as seen on tv" checkout aisle at walmart.
Aww Heidi.. I know you know I'm kidding, but just in case... I'm just being a smart aleck :)You can hit me the next time you see me if you want lol
Post a Comment