Thursday, October 23, 2008

More useless knowledge


1. Were you married at the time of the birth? yes
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We were pretty excited. It had taken longer than I thought it would take to get pregnant.
3. How old were you? 23 - almost 24.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I took 'the test' one morning before work. I think I almost hyperventilated when it was positive. I ran in and said, "Jer, I think I'm pregnant." He sits up, "What??" We talk. Then he says, "Well now I can't sleep!" Poor guy, eh?
5. Who did you tell first? Jeramy
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes
7. Due date: February 10th - I think. It's been a while.
8. Did you deliver child early or late? A week early. I was induced because of toxemia.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Just for the first few months. Riding trax to work had to stop since I was afraid I was going to lose it on the train. But having to park on the 7th level of the parking garage and then taking the elevator down was not much better!
10. What did you crave? cheese and crackers and bubble gum (probably why I had a root canal right after she was born).
11. Who irritated you the most? People that would steal from my store. That always irritated me, but more so when I was pregnant. I even chased some teenage girls down one day to get the shoes back, then I burst into tears.
12. What was your first child's sex? girl. Do we know how to make anything else?
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Oh man. Cough cough...50... cough cough.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Toxemia at the end. All my problems came during labor.
15. Where did you give birth to your child? Cottonwood Hospital.
16. How many hours were you in labor? This is where things get foggy for me. I think only about 5. They induced me, then my blood pressure went crazy and the baby's heart rate was all wrong. I don't remember much past that point. I had an emergency c-section at 3:28 a.m.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Jeramy
18. Who watched? Jeramy
19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Apparently when I was dilated to a 2, I was crying that it was too hard, so they gave me an epidural. Thank goodness I had it so I was ready for the C-section!
20. How much did your child weigh? 5 pounds 13 ounces.
21. Why did you name him/her the name you picked? We had always known we'd name her Madison, the middle name was the argument. I wanted to use Paige. Jeramy wanted to use Christine (my middle name). We jokingly said that whoever filled out the birth certificate got to decide. While I was groggy and recovering, my darling husband filled it out for me. Ew. But I do have a Lindsay Paige now.

Here's a side story for ya because I get asked all the time why I deliver up north, not down here in happy valley.
1). My sister works at Cottonwood as a nurse, so I get a little special treatment.
2). It's close to my parents so we can drop the kids off there on our way
3). My doctor is amazing
a) I was scheduled to be induced on Monday. HE called me on Sunday and said, "I just feel like you need to be here today." So we went. When I had Maddie, they told us that the placenta had started to shut down. She could have died if I wasn't at the hospital on Sunday.
b) When my BP went sky high and Maddie's heart rate dropped the DR on call said, "She'll be fine." The head nurse went over his head and called my DR at home and told him what was going on. That was at 3 a.m. He got to the hospital at 3:20 and I had a baby at 3:28.
c) He let me have a vaginal birth even after a C-section and that's not too common.
His only draw back is that he's scheduled out a year and a half for a annual check up. And he calls me Hide. But I can overlook these things.
4). IF we have another, I'll deliver at the NEW hospital in Murray. :)

So there ya have it, folks!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Janet said...

I love your background, so cute! The pictures are way cute too. Maddie is the cutest little girl ever.
I'm so glad that you had a great doctor, that is pretty scarey.

Kristen said...

I had forgotten that Maddie was so tiny when she was born - of course I didn't know you then. And I didn't realize the middle name fiasco. What a punk! At least I love you, Hide.

Jennica said...

Yet another fun one! Where do you find such interesting things to write about all the time.

Side note: YOu are totally right about the garden...I think the only tomatoes we got were the ones that came with the plant! =) We might have grown a couple more, I should probably not bold that one. =)

Jenn said...

I really like this post. I think I'll do it for my kids birthday! I don't think I really have the whole experience written any where. Also cute pictures!

Tarina said...

That was a cute background. You're not the only crazy one who drives far to deliver your babies. I go clear to McKay Dee in Ogden and I live here in WJ. People think I'm crazy too but it's for us right?

OUR Coop said...

Did you miss the part where I said never again!!! 6 kids was enough! Just kidding!!!! WE reallly need to get together again! You pick
-k-!