Saturday, November 1, 2008
Halloween
It seems like Halloween just kept going and going and going at our house this year. I am glad it is finally DONE. Ward Trunk or treat Monday. Short and sweet - the best kind. Thursday after school we went up to my Mom's and went to Gardner Village - a yearly tradition. Then we had a little neighbor party. I made the kids wear their "back up" costumes so they wouldn't get food on their real ones. I found it very fitting to have the good witch (Lindsay) and the bad witch (Maddie). We discovered that night that I am the quickest donut-off-a-string eater and that one of our neighbors (who wishes to remain anonnymous) has a hidden balloon making talent.
Friday we started off the day at the school for a 30 second parade of kindergarteners. Still hard to believe that Maddie is in school. Then I took them all up to the mall trick-or-treating. (I have an extra kid on Fridays). That is seriously the BEST way to trick or treat! I used to love those days when I worked at the mall. Then we went home for dinner, and then Jeramy took the 2 big girls out - in the crazy, unplanned rain for a while. Lindsay didn't last long, but Maddie was still going strong, so Jer brought Lindsay home and the 2 of them went out AGAIN.
Did anyone else ever do this with their loot?? I was so excited to line up all the candy! (Yes me, not Maddie). We had them all just combine candy and on one complained - this year. And of course, the night finally ended with teeth scrubbing for all those dang sugar bugs!
Happy Halloween!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Well, Halloween is oficiallt over. =( You survived! I am sure your family had an awesome week...full of memories and FUN!!!
You put up a good front but I know you really love Halloween!
Halloween season did seem to go on and on this year!! I am too glad that halloween is finally over! Then I can get excited for the next holidays!! We had a fun time at the party!!
We always throw all of our candy into one big dish! Of course, the oldest one complains, but then it is fine!!! Glad to hear you had a great Halloween! Costumes are adorable!
I'm so happy to see another forced toothbrushing picture. I don't feel guilty any more.
Post a Comment