Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Reward


A week before Thanksgiving last year we started to read the Book of Mormon as a family. 11 months later, we finished! Quite an accomplishment for a family with 3 little kids, I think! Jeramy would read a chapter a night to them and I was crowd control. We didn't miss that many nights. I'm not sure how much we get out of it, but some nights they would surpirse me with their knowledge of what we were reading. If nothing else, I hope we are creating habits in their lives that they will carry with them always.

As our reward for accomplishing this amazing feat, we let the kids decide what we should do. So here we are at Chuck E Cheese for our celebratory dinner. They had so much fun! We had never taken them there before, but I have a feeling we'll be there a lot more. So here's to good times reading the scriptures as a family! Pearl of Great Price, here we come!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janet said...

Hooray! That is so great. It's hard with our kids, but you've just inspired me!

Mandi Ward said...

That is so wonderful. It makes me rethink how we are doing things at our household.

Kristen said...

Hopefully it won't take you 11 months for the Pearl of Great Price. =o) Good luck!