
It's red ribbon week at school. Everyone knows what that means, right. Everyone but a kindergartener!
Maddie brought the reminder not home last Wednesday and gave it to me.
"Mom, what are drugs?"
HELLO. I was totally unprepared for that one. I was thinking I still had a good 6-10 years until I had to worry about that. I'm still trying to figure out the tooth fairy and Santa, and now she expects me to tell her about drugs???
I stumble through some lame explanation like "Drugs are bad for your body. Don't take them."
I wonder if it is too soon to expose her to these things? (Not really EXPOSE her, but talk about them). Sadly, it's probably not too early. My baby is growing up.
5 comments:
That is funny because Abby asked me the same thing this morning! I was totally unprepared too.
I suppose this means you're not ready for when she comes home in first grade and asks what sex is. At least hope she'll ask because she'll hear the word a few times on the bus. And yes, on our bus, the one that picks up the kids in OUR neighborhood.
Crazy. But that kind of stuff is being introduced to kids at a younger and younger age. So scary!
Now that i have the screen maximized and can read your post without some dumb orange flower in the way, I can fully comment on your post. But since I am already playing the role of your blog editor this sentence seems to be a little off "Maddie brought the reminder not home last Wednesday and gave it to me. " Is it just me or does the "not" not belong??? hahaha
OKAY... So did the teacher not explain what drugs are? I thought that's what they were good for.. answering those uncomfortable questions that we have absolutely no idea how to answer!
I know Heidi-ese. She meant reminder NOTE. Not not. Right? Right.
Jonathan's supposed to wear red and white tomorrow. He didn't know the word drugs but he's very aware of alcohol etc and how it's not good for our bodies. It's a funny story how he became intrigued - in a positive way. I believe there's a good lesson in the FHE manual, if that might help.
Post a Comment