Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Year's Eve

I've decided that until my girls are too cool to hang with me on New Year's Eve, I'm going to make it a night all about them.  I know the day is coming all too soon that they would rather be out with friends.
Early in the day, I wrote our "to do" list on the dry erase board.  I made the mistake of putting times next to each activity.  Maddie is a stickler about schedules and she made sure we stuck to it.  We did exciting things like played board games, did puzzles, painted out finger nails, and the highlight of the night was making cake pops.  I despise cake pops, but I had found a kit on clearance at Target that day and I decided to suck it up - it was their night - and we made cake pops.  The cake pops ended up being an all night project, which totally thew off the schedule.  I forget you have to make the cake, cool the cake, crumble the cake, freeze the balls, ice the balls, decorate the balls.  Man, they are a lot of work!
We each made our goals for 2013.
We watched the ball drop and drank our sparking cider in our fancy cups from last year.
And then we went to bed.
(And yes, it was midnight by then).

1 comment:

Janet said...

At least they turned out really cute :) You are a fun mom!