Maddie started off her birth-week with a trip to the dermatologist. Here's how that happened...
On Thursday she had a little zit. She kept complaining about how bad it hurt. I told her to suck it up (as any good mom would). By Friday it had grown and I could tell it was a cold sore. I told her to suck it up. By Saturday night it had spread...a lot. Like all over her chin. By then I was feeling bad for not caring more. By Monday morning I knew we were losing the battle of the cold sore and I took her to the dermatologist to see what else we could do to help. The doctor walked in and said, "That's a staph infection."
(Pick up jaw off the floor).
"What??"
We were sent to pick up a prescription to kill the infection. That's when we found out that my almost 10 year old daughter had never had a prescription. They had to add her to our family info at the pharmacy that I've used since we lived in Draper, which was where she was born. Crazy!
She had a long, awful week of people staring at her nasty green scabs. (We're a week out now and they look a ton better finally). She was a trooper and went to school and only shed a few tears.
On to the birthday celebration...
She couldn't think of anything she wanted (sigh, Christmas all over again). She then said that she'd like a pedicure. So, she and I went and had our very first pedicures. It was super fun and I look forward to going back again! Later that day her dad took her and her sisters sledding. They had a blast! That's when she came home and said, "I want a sledding tube for my birthday!" Amazon is fast, but not that fast. She chose Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. (And yes, it almost killed me to go there without a coupon).
Her actual birthday was Sunday. We went to church, came home and watched the Super Bowl. Lucky girl. Grandma and Grandpa Steele came over for cake and ice cream. Maddie and I searched pinterest for cake ideas and she said I could surprise her. The one I ended up doing was my favorite choice - not hers - but she loved it! She wanted the fancy owl one...I wasn't feeling it.
I sure love my Maddie. She is so helpful and I am so grateful to have her! I really can't believe it's been 10 years. Hard to think that in another 10 years, she could be on a mission, in college or married! Yikes!
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment