Saturday, February 9, 2013

Moley cow!

Maddie has been growing some moles the past few years.  She has one on her earlobe that she is particularly self conscious about.  She will never wear her hair up because she doesn't want people to see it.  Jeramy and I argued over if it should be removed or if she should learn to live with it.  We decided to let the dermatologist decide what to do.
We went to a new dermatologist who said it looked fine, but might be hard to pierce over when she was ready to get her ears pierced.  (We've decided that will be when she's 12).  The doctor explained how they remove moles, and then said, "We could remove it today if you'd like."  Before I could say no, Maddie said, "Yeah, let's do it!"  I was a little shocked since we had just been told it involved shots and blades.  The doctor said that I could hold her if it would make her feel less nervous.  Maddie (who is weeks away from being 10) looked at me and rolled her eyes.  She got up on the table and wouldn't even hold my hand.
I almost got sick.
I hate needles.
I hate blood.
I hate seeing part of my daughter's ear being sliced off.
But she did great. 
She even wanted to go back to school with her rather large and obnoxious bandaid.