This year I have really enjoyed the holiday season. (Maybe it's because I'm not pregnant this year). We have done a ton of fun things. We went to Temple Square with Jesse and Jen, and then again for Maddie's choir performance. Where are those pictures you might ask? Good question. I didn't take any.
Maddie and I went on a "date" to Harmon's right after Thanksgiving. Santa was there. He was very obnoxious. There weren't any kids there to keep him quiet, so he kept yelling (and jingling his bells) "Come ring my bells, girls!" Over and over every time we walked past - which was many times since I don't usually shop there and we had to keep back tracking. I finally said, "let's go sit with Santa so he leaves us alone." She informed me that she was too old for that. I thought she'd give in if I did it. Nope. I sat down and she dug through my purse for my phone to take a picture. That girl knows a good blogging moment when she sees one. I have trained her well.
We decorated ice cream cone trees, made our gingerbread house, saw the lights at Thanksgiving Point AND the reindeer. We also spent some more time at the dinosaur museum. When we got there on this particular night, the cute worker girl said, "That's the baby I made cry!" I didn't think anything of it because well, Lexi cries for everyone. But then I realized I didn't know this girl and hadn't been to the museum for a few weeks. The cute girl then proceeded to tell me that she made her cry and the babysitter couldn't get her to stop crying either. Then I remembered that my sweet babysitter Shelby had taken ALL the kids to the museum one night. (And I should add that she put "driving a minivan" as one of her new experiences for 2012. Right up there with moving to Utah and getting accepted to BYU. I feel loved). Good times.
This year Lindsay asked Santa for a digital camcorder.
Macie had planned on asking Santa for a Fur Real walking dog. That was $65 dollars. She was then taken to Costco to look for more ideas. She was then persuaded to get a desk.
Maddie couldn't make up her mind. We searched Amazon for hours looking for the perfect idea for her. She couldn't find anything. I kept saying, "just let Santa surprise you." Because I was pretty sure Santa had already got her something pretty unbelievable. She said, "Mom, Santa (yup, we're there already) will get me something lame." As we stood in line to see Santa (she was told she had to sit on his lap to get something) I kept telling her to just be surprised. She got up to Santa, sat down, and asked for an archery set. WHAT??
She ended up being surprised with an ipod touch.
And Grandma just happened to get her a Nerf archery set.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
An ipod touch? Sweet!
I love your posts.
I think my daughter knows but won't openly admit it :) That's okay it was fun pretending for one more year.
Post a Comment