All day, the girls kept asking when our "party" was going to start. At 6, we had hot dogs for dinner to kick of our wild night.
After dinner, we played games.
Then it was 6:45, and I was all out of ideas!
Then we watched the Jazz game.
Then the girls made party hats.
Then the girls had baths and got their hair washed for church the next day.
Then we had our treats. I let everyone pick on treat they wanted. I chose a cheeseball from Harmon's. YUM! Jer never told us what he wanted, but he enjoyed every one's treats. Maddie chose apples. Yes, my child who hates all good foods. Lindsay chose caramel popcorn. Macie chose brownies.
Then we watched Rio.
Then it was only 10:30.
Then we got our clothes ready for Sunday.
Then everyone got tired and whiny.
Then we started watching TV.
Then we got even more tired and whiny.
Then it was 11:58.
Then I broke out the sparkling cider and the *fancy cups I'd been hiding from the girls.
Then Jeramy couldn't get the bottle open.
Then we paused the "new year" while he worked on the bottle.
Then we fast forwarded, drank our New Year's cider, and that was the end.
Lindsay said at that point, "Now what do we do?"
We go to bed.
The end.
*the fancy cups story...I bought champagne glasses at Ikea on sale for .25 cents for everyone. I was so excited to etch their names and the year on them. I got out my etching cream and it had a big "do not use if you are pregnant" label. Bummer. So, I just did their initial in what little vinyl I had laying around. It was either black or orange. Black won. The girls have used their fancy glasses every day since. I'd say it was totally worth my 1.25.

2 comments:
Cute! I can never stay up that late. :)
I love those Chinese yamulkes!
Post a Comment