Monday night was family skate night for Maddie's school. Not our favorite activity, but the girls love it and had a blast. Maddie did great on the skates...thanks to aunt Kerry for taking her ice skating this summer. (I'm grateful for that).
Jeramy and I couldn't decide what to do about dinner. Us girls just wanted to get a pizza while we skated, he wanted to leave. We finally all agreed to leave and Jer took us to one of his favorite lunch places called Buster Burger. Monday nights, their mini burgers (which are really mini, but perfect for Macie and Lindsay) are .99 cents. Maddie ate 2! Lindsay had a bite of Jeramy's and for the first time in her life, requested a burger. We immediately went and bought her one and she ate the whole thing. (grateful for that).
When we were finished, the manager came over and asked us if we'd like some free ice cream...heck ya! He gave us 3 large cups of ice cream. The girls were so excited and now have a favorite new restaurant.
So, today I'm grateful for a good family night, with free roller skating and free ice cream.
(On a not so grateful side note...just pulled up my checking account, and the poor girl who rang us up couldn't get the transaction to work, or so we thought. We got charged 4 times for our meal! Hopefully I can get it taken care of, otherwise, that free ice cream was more like $40 ice cream!)
2 comments:
They probably knew that you were charged 4 times and hoping you wouldn't notice so they gave you free icecream .. :)
Ben's brother just gave me a grill for making sliders. Hmmm.
I'm proud of you for catching the money mistake. I wonder how many times in life I've been ripped off.
Post a Comment