Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy...November

Can you believe that it's November? I can't! For the past few years, we've made a "gratitude tree" for the month of November. Every night when we have family prayer, the person praying gets to tell us what they are grateful for and then we write it on a leaf and put it on our tree. This year, I never took our tree down - but the tree itself fell down and never got put back up. It's been a nice reminder to see all year long the things (mostly people) we are grateful for.
So tonight we will start a new gratitude tree.


I have high hopes for the month of posting daily one thing I'm grateful for...don't hold me to it, k? Last year for Thanksgiving my mom gave us each a Gratitude journal. I've really tried to write things in it, but I forget most a lot of the time. It is so fun to go back and read those things that I was grateful for.
So day one...I'm grateful for my cricut! Last night when I remembered it was time to make my gratitude tree, I just had to go downstairs, put a paper in the machine and tell it to cut 30 leaves for me. 5 minutes later, I was ready to go. Sigh, my cricut makes me happy! (Even when I realized I didn't need 30 in each color, I actually made 90 leaves. Whoops!)
What are you grateful for today?

3 comments:

Adhis said...

I like the daily gratitude thing!

I am grateful for good ideas to steal.

Kristen said...

Can I be grateful for my cricut too?

SUCH a fun idea. I might be, uh, borrowing that idea. Ben will think I'm so clever.

Englishfam said...

I had the same idea! Maybe you blogged about it last year and that is why I thought of it? Not sure? I don't have a cricut and my leaves are pretty sad. Wanna cut some for me?? ;)