I also realized that I had ordered a Bountiful Basket and was going to need him to pick it up. We then played the "what's it going to take" game to get him to commit. Do you guys ever do that game at your house?
me: What's it going to take for you to go pick up my basket Saturday morning?
Jer: Um....new game - oh wait, already got that...a 12 pack of Mountain Dew...and a 12 pack of Pepsi, NOT coke.
me: SOLD! Did I mention it's no longer right here by our house and it's 2 hours earlier?
So here began my weekend. Not that I don't trust my husband, but I did plan out his weekend for him:
I decided to really make it a weekend away and I stayed the night at my parent's house and stayed up way too late chatting with Robin.
Remember that husband of mine I was so worried about? 10:20 Saturday morning I get this text :
Got 3 kids ready...picked up your basket...picked up my new glasses...bought the V8 juice your kids wanted...got a haircut...I'm on a roll!
Us ladies really got a kick out of that one.
And it doesn't end there, when we got home at 11 Saturday night, I was dreading seeing the absolute chaos my home was going to be in...I walked in and had to smile. He had cleaned the whole house - and even done the dishes! My weekend away was soooo worth a PS3 game and 24 cans of pop!
p.s. I'm pretty sure my Mom took about 700 pictures, and I only took one. My dad didn't put any up on his blog, so you only get one picture. You have to understand that my mother takes about a million pictures. We were walking through the construction area downtown and she was stopping to take pictures of our "behinds" because she walks slower than us, and we were making fun of her for doing so, a very friendly construction worker said, "You can take a picture of my behind." Wow. Then my mom just couldn't even walk because she was laughing so hard!
2 comments:
Yes, we play the "what's it going to take" game. I hate it! It always comes down to sex being negotiated. Last time, it was so Dave would go borrow chocolate chips from the neighbors while I was busy baking in the kitchen.
I hate that stupid game.
That "show me the money" thing sounds like what happens in our house ALL THE TIME... except it's almost always for stuff I want. And since I do the budget, the money is always magically there when I really want something.
We also play the "what's it gonna take" game.
Post a Comment