On the second day, we went to JoAnn's and bought felt. Then we rested.
On the third day we cut out our walls. Then we took a 3 hour lunch break.
On the fourth day, we cut out details and discussed how to start sewing it.
On the fifth day, we rested. (And the entire Wakewii family puked).
On the sixth day, we talked about our project while the kids swam in Price. (My Dad said he expected a good blog post about this massive project. Robin's husband shook his head and laughed at us. My husband knows me all too well and laughed along with him).
Sunday was the seventh day, and I finally sat down and finished mine.
The kids saw that it was good and there was much rejoicing in the land.
Mine is a little bit too big for my card table, but right now I don't care enough to take it off and cut and re-sew it.
All the little pieces you see are vel-cro and can be moved or changed out. The purple thing on the front is a mailbox and I even made them some mail. The tree has been their favorite. The tree has grown apples, strawberries, hearts, cupcakes and fish. My sister's tent has curtains and animals to play with, I ran out of enthusiasm. I plan to make more interchangeable things in the next few weeks, when sewing sounds like fun again!
This was a much larger project than I thought it would be. I now understand why the lady on Etsy charges $200 for them, it's all about her time!

5 comments:
What a cute idea and SUCH a cute post! Let me know when you want to practice making another one. I'll totally volunteer my family for the donation afterwards. :)
love it! looks great! I'm looking for a table today. Dan said that PVC would be to much after I figured out how many feet and corners I needed. Wish me luck at the thrift store.
Holy huge project! It looks like so much fun. I would take a break for awhile too. Great work!
That is a good idea! A playhouse that folds up and takes little room. Yes. My daughters will have some variation of it in the future.
That is sooo cute!!! Want to make one for me? I wish I had people to teach me to sew! I know nothing! Way cute! And really I will pay you to make me one!!! :)
Post a Comment