Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#5, part 2

On Thursday we drove down to this place called Mesa Falls. It was sooo cool. Maddie was pulling her "I don't want to go anywhere, this sounds so boring" act in the car, and as we walked to the falls, but once she saw the falls, she was pretty impressed.
At the visitor's center, they had a telescope set up and a big sign on it that said, "Osprey." I looked through it and lo and behold, there were owls sitting in a nest. So, I proceeded to tell all the kids about the owl in the tree and showed them. We all oohed and ahhed and the nice lady working there didn't comment on my stupidity. I finally said to Jeramy something about the owls, and he said, "Those aren't owls, Heidi, those are just birds." Oh. Well now I just feel stupid. I guess I didn't look that closely at the birds...and I'm from the city.
We also went to this place called Big Spring which is usually full of fish and fun to watch. There was only 2 fish, and another animal that I didn't know what it was, but I did know it wasn't a beaver.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey that waterfall looks like a mesa!

Have you seen an owl before? They're really kind of unmistakable. But I'm glad you had fun.