Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I've become the thing I hate most...

I hate Jeramy's iPhone. It seems like he's always on it.


I got my iPhone about a month ago. I love my iPhone. I don't know how I lived without one for all these years. Now instead of me saying, "Jer, get off your phone and be with us." It's "Heidi, get off your phone and be with us."

1) I love that I have the scriptures, hymns and all the lesson manuals on it. I've actually been reading the lessons for class on Sunday because I have it on my phone and I can read at my leisure.

2) I love that I get notified when I get an email. 99% of the time that I get on the computer, it's just to check my email, and then I sit and surf for way longer than needed. Since I've been checking it on my phone, I'm on the computer a lot less.

3) I used the GPS at Girls camp to keep track of our hike distance. We would have got lost without it...seriously.

4) It has a flashlight app for when I'm in the cinema room at the gym.

5) I love that it "guesses" what word I'm trying to type and fills it in when I'm texting. (Although yesterday Maddie came out as Madrid and so my text said, "I'll send Madrid right over.")

6) I love...Words with friends. (It's like Scrabble) If you'd like an easy win, send me an invite. I've only won about 3 out of the million games of it I've played.

7) Angry Birds. Hours of entertainment.

8) (In addition to #1) I love taking it to church, and not having to lug around my scriptures.

9) I love that the girls have games to play when they get bored.

10) I love sitting on the porch with my hubby while we play our iPhones together. It counts as together time, right?

2 comments:

Adhis said...

That's part of the reason why I resist getting a fanschy phone. It's hard to go back once you've had the good stuff.

Kristen said...

#2 makes me laugh. You spend less time on the computer "wasting time" and do it on the iPhone instead. I don't have a problem with it, but it IS kind of funny.

You know Ben and I like to play video games together. The rest of it is like NAH I don't need it. But I'm happy it makes you happy.