Wednesday, August 18, 2010

# 5, part 3

On Friday, we went to Yellowstone. We got totally stuck in construction for about 20 minutes. I let Lindsay unbuckle and come sit by us while we waited and she thought that was the coolest thing ever. Maddie was content playing on my iPhone and Macie was asleep. This collage also has some random pics of the boys on the Rhino and Jer and his Dad playing Foosball.
All of the kids thought that Island Park was, well, a park. All were very disappointed when it wasn't a park, so we found a park for them to play at in West Yellowstone. That's also when it started to rain...
And it kept on raining the ENTIRE time we were in Yellowstone. It was 45 degrees and I had dressed Lindsay and Macie in shorts. Terrible mother. Lindsay was just shivering the entire time. No one wanted to sit in the pouring rain and wait for Old Faithful, so Jer took everyone over to the building and I saved our seats...in the rain...when it started going off, no one came over. The kids decided to stay dry rather than come watch it up close. What a bunch of babies. Jen, Jesse and their kids braved it out with me. That picture on the bottom of Kaden is my favorite pic! I was taking it of his baby brother, Kameron and didn't even notice Kaden until I was looking at the pictures after.

We saw some wildlife...a buffalo, about 10 elk and a moose. Kind of cool, but the kids really didn't seem to care much, when you can go to the zoo and see them much closer, what's so cool about seeing one far away?

On the way in, I was quizzing Jer on state capitols to kill time. On our way out, Maddie said, "Mom, will you quiz me on them?" I kind of laughed and said, "Sure." Um...she had memorized quite a few! I'm still impressed.
Macie kept saying, "When are we going to the yellow-stones?" She was very disappointed with Yellowstone. First no park, now no yellow stones?? Bummer trip for Macie.



1 comment:

Kristen said...

You went to Yellowstone. You made that sound so casual. Isn't it like a lifetime away from you?!?!?!

We keep saying we'll take the kids there "someday" but it's pretty far away. But there you went, no big deal. Hmmm. I need a map.