Saturday, July 31, 2010

# 7

Ever been to Price? I hadn't. I think it's safe to say, we won't be moving there anytime soon. Not my favorite city.

When I was about 16, our youth in the ward went to see the Castle Dale Pageant. It's like the Manti one...but in Castle Dale...and not about Joseph Smith...more about the temple. Anywho...it was on my list for this summer and my Dad jumped on board, and then my sister Robin, and my sister Kerry. Many hours were spent discussing where we would be camping, then Grandma said, "Why don't we just get hotel rooms in Price?" We all oohed and aahhed at the idea. So get hotel rooms we did:

The girls swam a lot, thanks to aunt Robin for being a good sport with my kids!

We had dinner at a park in Price. I challenged Maddie to a race. She cheated. She won. If you want to see the video, ask Jer, I'm sure he'd love to show you my humiliation on his iphone.

Then we headed further south to Castle Dale. For the first time in my 31 years knowing my dad, he got us lost. (Wait, there might have been a time when we went to Nauvoo a few years back, but it's vague). K, I'm sure he's gotten us lost before, but he'll usually make it seem like we weren't lost. This time I knew we were lost.


We made it! They were busing people up to the site, but Macie refused to get on the bus, so Robin, Dan and I walked up. We found this photo opp...bet Grandma was kicking herself that she wasn't there with her camera!



The kids were very restless throughout the entire thing, but it was good and I'm glad we went!
Small world fun fact- we ran into Jer's good friend from Malad (who was also his best man at our wedding) Cody and his family.

And after it got over, I got lost trying to find our car. I had me and Lindsay and my 14 year old niece with me. I found about 10 grey Honda Odyssey vans, but none of them were ours. I even found Cody's wife and she said, "Well, what landmark did you have to help you find your car?" Now there's a good idea...too bad I didn't think about that one before! I really started to panic, Savannah kept her cool and finally found everyone else!

We had a great trip! (and I get to cross something off my list, it's been a while).






6 comments:

Lyns said...

That is a good pageant! I saw it when I was a teenager. Price, on the other hand, is misery. I swear, when anything negative happens in our lives, I say to Randy, "Well, it could be worse, we could always be living in Price!"

Man Of Steele said...

My city daughter asked, 'what are those things pumping along the side of the road?'
I wanted to answer, 'Small version of what has been going on in the Gulf.', but I thought better. So I just said, 'oil'. She left it at that.

Kristen said...

You make a cute pioneer woman. Even with the blank-faced man by your side.

Heidi said...

Dad, I was pretty sure that's what it was, but not 100%.
I never got your text back about what it was. Maybe you were too busy getting us lost to write back. :)

Colleen said...

I understand about Price. When I went to school there we had a sign on the door leaving the apartment that said "Don't Date The Locals!" and underneath in tiny writing, "You might get stuck."

It's fun for some camping and off-roading, but I for sure wouldn't want to spend my life there.

Matt Bettilyon said...

I went on a date to the pageant there with a local, but I couldn't ever date her again because she didn't have good grammar. The pageant was fun, though.