Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I decided in November that this year, I would NOT have any New Year's Resolutions. I think it must be wired into our brains at birth and so for the last week or so, I've been trying to set some goals. I came up with a few - nothing too impressive or life altering - but then I decided on something much better.

Simplify

This is my motto for 2009.

And also, Happy 200th post to me. :) I have been a blogging fool for a year and 4 months now. I LOVE blogging and the creative outlet it is for me. I always loved writing in high school and college and it's fun to be able to sit down and roll my thoughts out again. Thanks to all my faithful followers and secret stalkers, you guys are the greatest! It wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you!

And just as another side story. Remember the Ikea drama? I can't remember if I posted the follow up or not, but we have been to back 2 times now and she has 'made the cut.' (I did terrible at my boycott, but when a girl's gotta go, she's gotta go!) She even has her own little sticker card now to keep track of her visits and everything. So we went on Wednesday afternoon, and guess what? My daughter is magically too short again. I was so flippin mad. I could have made a scene, but this is how it went down:
"Have you been here before?"
"Oh yeah, lots of times."
"Oh, it looks like we'll need to measure her." I roll my eyes,
"That's fine." They drag out the big stick.
"Um, she's too short."
"You're kidding me, right?"
"No, she's too short."
"But she's been in before!"
"Sorry. Next please."
And here's my great comeback...
"You've just lost my business." And I storm off.
On my way out, I filled out a complaint card - but left my name and info blank - that'll show them. I am such a wimp.

7 comments:

Russ Steele said...

Take your own stick next time!

Soccer Mom said...

I agree! Take your own stick next time or have her wear really tall shoes!!!!

Meredith said...

Um.. do I need to go with you next time and make a big stink for you?? I'm not afraid of them!

Kat said...

Get the shoes that have really thick soles. :)

Janet said...

Kat took my advice! Such a funny post. I love reading your blog! Happy 200 post!

Heidi said...

They make her take her shoes off. :(

Kristen said...

Suuuure they lost your business. They've got you figured out. Poor Lindsay!

Simplify is a great goal. We had a lesson on it where I learned that simplifying doesn't mean cutting out things that are important to you. Good balance in life includes fun things too. I think too many people think simplify means cut cut cut. But if we simplify TOO much, we won't be happy. But you already know that.

Still working on my resolution, you got me there!