
Do you know what is worse than taking 3 kids to the Olive Garden? 6 kids. Yersterday some of my friends called and invited me to lunch. I LOVE the Olive Garden and Jeramy HATES it, so I decided to be brave and take my kids knowing my chances of ever going again were slim. (My friends had their kids, too. That's where the 6 comes in). I thought the meal went well - other than they took forever to feed us. You'd think they'd want to get us out of there as fast as possible. Anyway... as we are sitting there, Lindsay says, "Mom, I can play at Ikea now!!" And she is so dang excited! She has officially moved into 'big girl undies' and the kids have to be potty trained to play at Ikea. She has been waiting for this moment for months. So I decide we should go on our way home since I need a few things there.
We get there, I make her go potty.
We go get their little shoe bin.
She is jumping up and down she's so excited.
I tell the lady that she is finally potty trained and has been waiting for this moment all her life.
The lady looks at me.
"Has she been measured yet?"
"No"
She proceeds to measure my sweet little Lindsay-who is short for her age.
Her pony tail hits the 37 inch line, but not her head.
"Sorry, she's too short."
"Are you serious??"
"Yes. Come back in a few months."
ANGER. (And for me, that means tears, but I was strong).
We had her check up the other day and she was 36 1/2 inches tall. That means Ikea wouldn't let her in for a freaking half inch. Ew! If she would have had her shoes on, she would have made it.
They gave her a voucher for a free ice cream cone, which means I had to buy one for Macie and they both make a huge mess with it. (while I walk through their store, snicker snicker).
Then I had to listen to sweet little Lindsay all through the store, "Mom, why am I not big enough? I go potty in the toilet." "Mom, why is Maddie in there and not me?" It broke my heart and I am now boycotting IKEA.
I understand the importance of rules, but seriously. Maybe it should be 3 years old and potty trained. Should my kid be punished for her short genes?
Notice I also added a new poll on the side. I'll save this discussion for after the poll closes...
12 comments:
Seems silly to me that they have to be a certain height! I have a friend whose kids might NEVER get to go in the play land if that is the case!!
Ohhh, that is SO sad! It just breaks my heart when that sort of thing happens. Last time we were at Disneyland we had a similar situation with Kylie where she couldn't go on a certain ride because she was BARELY too short. It was really sad. Gosh, can't people lighten up a LITTLE?!
I'm sorry it came down to a smidgen. It's so hard to watch your kid's hearts be broken.
Heavens... according to all the rules, I should still be in a booster seat according to my height. I feel Lindsay's pain!
That is so not fair! I'm glad they ate their ice cream cones IN ikea!!
Not Fair! My girls are the same way. Them dang short genes!!!! I hope thier ice cream melted all over the store!!!
I bet tall shoes on another day with a different employee would get her in. =o)
Of course, if that doesn't work then she's sad again.
If nothing else, congrats on the potty training! (We're still in the eternal diaper mode.)
poor lindsay lou. that lady sounded grouchy if i worked there i would have let her slide, esp with that cute little face
That is sooo Sad. I know what it is like to be little. My poor Colton is the size of a 18 month old and he is almost three. It will be a while for him as well. I really can relate to this one.
Hey I would love to go. I don't have any money but I would love to meet up let me know!
Poor Lindsey, and she was so excited to go play at IKEA!! Thad must have been so disappointing to her!!!
We did have a fun time at lunch with all of you!!
That would bum me out too! Poor Lindsay!
Post a Comment