Tuesday, December 30, 2008
50 years!
Today is a pretty special day in the Steele Family. It is my mom's birthday AND their 50th wedding anniversary! I am still trying to wrap my head around 50 years. Wow! I know there have been many ups and downs in the past 50 years, and I am amazed by the strength of their marriage and love for each other - even after all these years! So here's my attempt at 50 milestones in the last 50 years - in no particular order.
1) Moved to Montana after 6 days of being married
2) Dad stationed in Turkey for ...I don't remember how long
3) lived in Alabama
4) lived in Washington
5) lived in Utah
6) Bought one home - still there
7) Baby girl , Kerry
8) baby boy, Russ
9) baby girl, Tracy
10) baby girl, Cindy
11) baby girl, Robin
12) interlude... baby girl, Heidi. :)
13) Started and finished college
14) Air Force
15) Death of Grandpa Steele
16) Death of Grandma Ogden
17) Death of Grandpa Ogden
18) Birth of 18 - soon to be 19- Grandchildren
19) Countless church callings
20) Survived cancer
21) Witnessed the marriage of all 6 kids
22) 2 grandchildren married
23) great - grandchildren...not yet!
24) Temple workers
25) AR missionaries for the church
26) Bishop
27) Made amazing friendships that are still going strong today
28) Had many good friends pass away
29) Travelled all over the US
30) Spent many a weekend camping in the desert
31) Spent a summer serving in Nauvoo
32) Spent a summer volunteering at Pipe Spring
33) Sent 6 kids to college, Go Aggies! (And Wildcats)
34) Watched 4 of those 6 graduate
35) Sent a son on a mission to Virginia
36) Sent a daughter on a mission to the Philippines
37) Had a daughter move to Washington
38) Had a daughter move to Florida (the same day as the above, and also the day I graduated from High school)
39) Had a son move to Virginia
40) Had a beloved rabbit that is up in rabbit heaven now
41) Bought first gaming system (Wii) at age 69.
42) Worked for Jordan School district as a teacher
43) Worked for Jordan School district as a vice principal
44) Worked for Jordan School district as a principal
45) Retired!
46) Taught 6 kids, 6 spouses and 18 grandchildren how to ride 4-wheelers
47) Took one son-in-law to the hospital after he wrecked on the motorcycle. One out of 6 is not too bad. :)
48) Taught 6 kids how to drive - yikes!
49) Raised all your children in a home with love.
50) And drum roll please...well, I'm going to leave this one for my siblings to chime in on, what milestone have I forgotten??
As I've made this list, I've realized how even though some things only involve ONE of them, it really always involves BOTH of them. My parents are such a great team and I love them so much! Happy Anniversary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Went to all 40 county's in Utah getting the pass port book signed!
a wii at 69, that is great!!!
what a nice post!
Holy moley, you look like your mom!
Thanks for sharing!!! What a great milestone!!!
At least 50 pictures- of everything from kidney stones to temple pictures!!!!
You look like your mom AND your dad in that picture! How fun! That was a very thoughtful post - did it take you 50 hours?!?!?!
Congrats to the whole family!
You totally do look like your mom. The christmas pictures look like fun. I can't believe how much the girls are growing up. We definitely do not see you guys enough. Hope the holidays were great - tell jer Hi
Post a Comment