Heidi and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
I can usually laugh life off. I try to look at the postive in things even when things go wrong. Today, it didn't work. Today just needs to end!
I had my whole morning plannned out
1)get Maddie off to school
2) get everyone else ready for the day
3) go to the bank
4) go to Old Navy
5) go to the library
6) quick run to Wal-mart
7) home for lunch
8) relaxing afternoon at home
#1 went pretty well. I got home and Jeramy called me from work
"Have you checked the window wells today?"
"No, I checked on Saturday though."
"You'd better go check."
Dang it. They are both full.
Grrrrr....why didn't we think about checking BEFORE Jer went to work? I get all bundled up and head out. Huh. It's been a while since we've had this problem. Where's the hose?? Where's the extension cord? Hose is at the neighbors, extension cord is downstairs giving life to our computer.
Dang it.
Get the hose, it's frozen. Find our other hose hibernating under all the summer toys. Dig it out. Go unplug the computer. Sigh, this is going to be a long day with no computer.
Plug in pump. Nothing.
Dang it.
Call and borrow another pump. Get it all hooked up. Drain window wells for the next hour. Did I mention that is was freezing cold outside?
To kill time, I tried to shovel the foot of snow that had drifted to my side of the driveway. I hate snow. I hate wind. I gave up, very upset knowing that there was no way I could get the van out over the drift and I would be stuck all day at home.
Dang it.
Dang it.
By now it is almost 11. No time to go anywhere before I have to get Maddie.
Dang it.
I decide to have a hot bath and get warm and calm my nerves.
Going well.
"Mom!' I hear from the other bathroom. Sigh.
"what, Lindsay?"
"Mom, I had an accident, but that's o.k, right?" Sigh.
"Yes, I'll be right out."
She had her "accident" all over my bathroom rug, floors, toilet and her clothes.
Dang it.
Add laundry to that list.
Enter: a small ray of sunshine...the plow guy plowed our driveway so he could back into it and push snow out. Yipee!
I decide that I should venture out. So what if it's Macie's naptime?
We pick Maddie up at the bus stop and I bribe them with McDonalds. We start our journey.
Library. Forgot one of the books that was due (not too bad 1 out of 16).
Next comes the bank. I fill out the slip, head to the drive thru...where's the check? Oh yeah, the check is still on the fridge at home.
Dang it.
Huh. The bag of stuff to go back to Old Navy didn't make it in the car, either.
What next??
Sigh. Wal-Mart. Do I really need to say more that Wal-Mart... 3 kids...nap time? It was not a pleasant shopping experience.
BUT, here's the positives for the day:
*at least Jeramy thought to check the window wells before the water got in the basement.
*at least my kids survived being alone in the house for an hour while I was outside.
*the plow guy plowed my driveway (and no that isn't because I'm a HOA board member).
*I probably saved money by not going to Old Navy.
*I didn't buy everything on my l ist at Wal-Mart because I gave up - I saved money!
*Macie took a 3 hour nap when we got home
*I rearranged the office so I could reach a plug for the computer
*I got to gripe to my sister and then I felt LOTS better
*Our afternoon went pretty smooth
*Jeramy taught FHE tonight
*Kids are all in bed.
I guess life isn't so bad.
8 comments:
We missed you tonight, but I'm glad the day ended on a grateful note. :)
Hilarious! I love how you explain your day!! I'm so happy that you made it. I guess some days are like that...even in Lehi. :)
Which sister got the dirt? I am so jealous.
I'm sorry! I feel like those days happen all to often with three kids instead of two. But I love them all. I am glad through it all you could still find the positive I probably would have ended the day crying and mad! I love ya! We need to get together!
Oh my goodness! You would never guess from the smile and wave I got today. Thanks for that by the way, it made my day. Hopefully your days will go better the rest of the week!
That was a crappy day... I am so sorry! Also, sorry I was quick with handing over the pump- I admitt I was a lot empbarased to be in my lovely pink robe. I love you too much to put you through such a sight!!!
That was a very entertaining rotten day... at least for us. I did appreciate the gratefuls at the end though. The next time I have a rotten day, you can help me look on the bright side. =o)
I love pink robes. I wear mine every day on our front porch while we wait for the bus. That's right, and fuzzy pink slippers. Send the paparazzi.
I just love days like that it seems like everything that could go wrong does! I'm just glad your house didn't flood!
Post a Comment