Saturday, January 17, 2009

Long night

Last night, Jeramy had a boy's night out* (why does that not sound as cool as a "girls night out?"). He was giddy like a little school girl waiting to go though - it's like I never let him out or something...anyway, his friends came to get him at 9:30. I was already totally engrossed in my chic flick when he left. I heard him say from the door, "Don't lock it." And he leaves. My movie ends, I get up and walk to the front room. The door is unlocked. I remember him saying, "Don't lock it." and I go and check and sure enough, he had left his keys. Some of you might remember from a previous post that he is a little...nazi-ish about locking doors. I didn't realized that MAYBE it's rubbing off on me! I was bugged. I knew he was just a few houses away and I thought about running the keys to him, but I didn't.
I decided to run on the treadmill...but what if someone comes in and I don't hear them??? I decide to run, but when I am done, I check every corner of the house for the boogie man.
I decide I should do laundry...but what if someone comes in and I don't hear them???
Mabye I'll go have a bath...but what if someone comes in and I don't hear them??? But, if you know me, the bath won. The whole time I was in there I was a wreck...was that a noise?? Was that a shadow in the bedroom??
I get out and read the Ensign. I realize I am bored out of my mind and should just go to bed...but what if I fall asleep and I don't hear someone come in???
I lay down...what is that over in the corner? A person...no, just a shadow.
Did I check on the girls?? I get up. They are fine...Did something just move downstairs?? No.
I go back to bed. Can't sleep. Still stressing about the door being unlocked. Apparently I fell asleep because at 2:30, I did hear the door open and it was Jeramy. And I can guarantee he will not be going out again...without his keys!

*what is a 'boys night out' you might be asking yourself? A GIRLS night out usually involves dinner at a nice place, a movie, and lots of giggling. Well, apparently a boys night out involves "man food" such as potato chips, and pop. It requires an awesome media room with stadium seating, a 10 foot screen, HD projector, surround sound and recessed lighting and instead of giggling, there is the sound of aliens being shot down with big guns. Whatever. I'll take a girls night out any night over that!

5 comments:

Jennica said...

I am glad they have boys night out too...the only problem is they stay out waaaayyyyyyy past bedtime and then I do too. Not good! We are both tired the next day and both grumpy too.

Adhis said...

That sounds like the Andelin's theater room.

Yeah- no way I will sleep with the doors unlocked. Nope. It takes all of my will to leave the house alarm off when David's coming home late.

jill said...

Heidi, you make me laugh!! I would probably have done the same thing!!

Kristen said...

I lock the CAR door when he runs into the store real quick. Sorry, but at home he can ring the doorbell when he gets back! But then you're nicer than I am.

Boy's night out? Don't they get enough man-time at work? =o)

Jess and Jen said...

Ooh, your nice. I would have locked it and made him knock to come in. Then I could do what I want! Your nights sound like mine when Jess is on his "night outs". Why don't I ever do something fun?