My mom's birthday is December 30th. I feel so bad for those of you out there with birthdays around Christmas. So hard to get in the "birthday spirit" when you just had the "Christmas spirit."One of her kids totally dropped the birthday ball and didn't get her present ordered. (Yup, that would be me).
We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then back home for some cupcakes and fat boys. I am so grateful for my mom. She really is my best friend. I look forward to her calls every morning at 9 am sharp. I am so glad that Lexi loves to be at Grandma's house. If you know Lexi, you know that she hates to be anywhere but home with her mommy at her side. BUT, she is totally at ease at my mom's house. She plays happily in the playroom and she has even been letting Grandma hold her. She's brave enough to run up and poke Grandpa, but she demands now that Grandma holds her. Since my mom had knee surgery right before Christmas, I helped her do some shopping. In return, she was kind enough to sit in my van with Lexi and watch Barney (over and over) while I would run in and shop in blissful silence. Such a huge help and blessing for me!
We love you, Grandma Jean!
Monday, January 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment