Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas!

Christmas always comes too fast and is over too soon! I am grateful for traditions that are not forgotten. We spent Christmas Eve with the Steele's - which we do every year. This year my mom was kind enough to put me in charge of acting out the nativity.  I was smart enough to put the teenage girls in charge of it.  Lexi loved being able to open a present with her cousins. 
We came home and opened our traditional Christmas pj's.  Christmas morning was so fun.  I think everyone got what they asked for, even me.  I asked for a steam mop.  Jeramy rolled his eyes when I asked for that, but he did as he was told.  "Who asks for cleaning stuff??"  I do.  I'm a mom. 
I LOVE that middle picture of Lexi, she had just opened a new Barney movie. She is obsessed with Barney and I'm grateful for some new material. 
We headed up to Idaho later in the day.  I decided that since I was the only one who hadn't seen Despicable Me 2 that I deserved to sit in the back with the girls and watch it.  Those two hours flew by!  I only felt a little guilty looking up and seeing Jeramy all alone in the front. 
Malad is always so much fun for the girls!  There are 12 grand kids and Maddie is the oldest.  Everyone has someone their age to play with (except Maddie, but she's a good sport to play with all the little kids).  Lexi kept blowing kisses and hugging the dogs through the glass.  Too cold to go out and play and too many babies in the house for the dogs to come in. 
We drove home the next day.  Got home, and got a text from Jeramy's sister (who lives in Malad) that they were headed down to Temple Square to see the lights FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.  Yup.  Ever.  We decided they would need a tour guide, so we packed back up and headed downtown.  It was so crazy busy!  I have never  seen it so busy before.  Who knew that they day after Christmas was the day to go see the lights?  Not us.  It was so fun to be there with them and we are so glad they ventured out to the big city to be with us!

1 comment:

OUR Coop said...

Looks like Christmas was perfect this year:) love your posts and seeing your beautiful family...One more thing I asked for a Vaccum that would be twice since we have been married chad has gotten slack for getting me a cleaning thing but honestly they are my favorite gifts:) I LOVE Vaccums