Lindsay is a tad bit dramatic. I may have mentioned this a time or two...Can I just say that sometimes you have no choice but to tease her because it's so funny to get her worked up.
Last year Lindsay wanted nothing more than to ride the "big swings." All year she kept talking about if she'd be tall enough or not. We measured her a few days before and she was anxiously awaiting our trip to Lagoon. When we were in Logan the previous weekend, I left my ring at the jewelry store to have some work done. When we got on the freeway and headed north, Lindsay noticed we were on the way to Malad and started to freak out a little. So I told her that we were going to Logan, not Lagoon, to pick up my ring. You can image the complete panic that followed. She was quite relieved when we got to Lagoon.
We got there right when they opened again, and split up again. We "eased" the little girls into the rides, but Maddie started off the day on Wicked...twice. She rode every "grown up" ride that she wanted to except for re-entry. Jeramy told Lindsay that she couldn't do the swings until she rode the white roller coaster. So she bravely went aboard...and came off almost in tears! As the day wore on, Lindsay got more and more brave and rode the white roller coaster 2 more times, The Spider and The Mouse Trap.
Poor Macie really got the bum deal of the day. Too short for the good rides. She got stuck with me and Lexi. She rode the Merry go round 3 times, we rode the train twice and she did a lot of sitting and waiting for everyone. While we waited, she pretty much memorized the map of Lagoon. It was adorable. I taught her how to "read" it with the pictures and she was our navigator all day. She even pulled it out again today and was showing her sisters all her favorite rides.
Lexi did amazing! All of our usual babysitters had plans for the day, so we had to take her. I was so nervous about how she'd do. The weather was overcast and rainy and about 80 degrees, which was perfect. (We did get rained on for a little of it, but it really didn't matter when you were wet from the rides anyway and now we know Lexi's car seat is pretty much water proof). She was a trooper and played happily in her car seat and took awesome naps. We really got lucky!
She rode the train twice and even got to go on Dracula's Castle!
I love this picture of her because a) she is eating a tag that kept her entertained for about a half hour b) her little leg is sticking up. She does this all the time, usually when I'm feeding her. I love it!
Friday, July 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
CUTIE! Lexi is adorable.
We won 2 free passes to Lagoon and have been debating whether we want to go ourselves or get more passes for the kids. Hmmmmmmm. We haven't been there for 10 years.
I can't remember the last time we went to Lagoon! It looks like so much fun!
Did you change your blog site? Have not heard from you in a while
Need my Heidi fix
Post a Comment