Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lexi 5 months

My sweet baby is growing up too fast!  She no longer sleeps through the night, which is a huge bummer.  She usually gets up between 3:30-5 to eat.  She can still only roll from her back to her stomach, but doesn't really mind being on her stomach, which is good.  She loves her toes and she thinks it's pretty funny when she sucks on them.  She loves being in her saucer - and almost every time she's in there, she poops.  We now call it her poop chair.  Gross.  She loves rice cereal, but is still having a hard time getting used to flavors.  So far she's tried peas, squash and sweet potatoes.  She'll tolerate them if they are mixed with the rice, but she pulls all sorts of ugly faces if we try to feed it to her straight.  Her favorite song is "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and will calm down if we sing it to her.  It's pretty funny when we are driving in the van and all of us girls are singing it to keep her calm.  The second we stop, she will cry again. 

My mom always whispers in a baby's ear, "I love Lexi, we're glad you're here."  I find myself doing so daily with Lexi and I really am so glad she's here.  She has changed our home so much!  All of the girls love her and have learned so much from having a baby in our home.  I have finally been giving Maddie a little more responsibility with Lexi.  She's getting more confident in holding her and helping her out, which has been nice.  I have loved being able to just hold Lexi and love her, and also watch the girls do the same.  She is such a blessing in our lives!

1 comment:

Russ Steele said...

Thanks, you made my week!