Wednesday, July 27, 2011

E, L and M

We finally went to Monkey Island last week.  The kids had a blast, even though the air conditioning was broken.  It was so dang HOT!  The kids were bright red and dripping sweat, but yet they didn't want to leave. 
And we had our annual trip to Lagoon.  We got there right when they opened and we split up.  Jeramy and Maddie hit all the big rides while the lines were short, and us little gals hit the train (and were the only ones on it, and the animals were awake and moving around), and the carousel.  Maddie rode Wicked, Colosuss, Jet Star 2 and just about every major ride.  Lindsay was ONE inch too short for the "good rides"  Jer tried to sneak her on the swings and totally got called out.  She came off a little teary.  She really wanted to ride that one.  I felt bad for her and she talked me into going on the Paratrooper ride.  I only saw them loading it up apparently, because once we got on, it went FAST and I just about lost my lunch.  Lindsay was so proud that she made me sick.  Macie kept saying "this isn't scary at all, what's wrong, Mom?" 
I am a wimp. 
And E for everyone up the canyon.  We went up to Mutual Dell for FHE a few weeks ago.  Right when we got there, it started to rain.  The teenage girls quickly went home.  The rest of us tuffed it out.  My pregnant niece Amy had her heart set on a smore, so her sweet brother and husband went to work and made her a fire..in the rain...it took a while, but it was a great fire!  Macie made friends with Alisen, her soon to be new cousin.  When we got in the car she pointed to Alisen and said, "I like that girl."  When I asked what her name was, Macie was clueless.  Gotta work on that one before the wedding in a few weeks!

No comments: