A few weeks ago there was a Groupon for Thanksgiving Point family pass. We used to get one every year, but have "taken a break" for the past 3 years. I had been saving up my extra dollars for a few weeks and I had $65 of the $135 needed. I decided to go for it anyways and buy the pass. I also decided to surprise the girls with it.
Jeramy and I decided to take them after dinner one night. At dinner I told them we had a surprise for them. Maddie immediately asked if we were having another baby. Um..no. They tried to guess with no luck, so we started giving them clues...
You can get a sunburn.
You can get a skinned knee
The whole family can use it
We can't bring it home
We used to have it
That helped them out a little bit, but they were still stumped. Lindsay went up to go to the bathroom and one of the girls said, "Is it a pass to Golds Gym again??" Then we got this brilliant idea to tell Lindsay it was a pass to Golds Gym. When she came down, the girls told her they'd figured it out. At first she didn't believe us. Then she started to panick. Then freak out. Then go absolutely ballistic!
"I hate Golds Gym!!! When you drop us off and leave, then they are mean to us!" (yeah, I quit the gym because I hated leaving my kids in the day care).
Admist the tears and shrieking, we finally got in the car to go to Golds Gym, and ended up at Thanksgiving Point.
There was rejoicing by all.
We've had our pass for 3 weeks now and we've gone over 7 times. I think we've got our moneys worth already! It's been so fun for Macie because the last time we were there she was only 2 and doesn't remember it. It's like it's all new to her and the older girls love showing her everything.
So far my favorite activity we've done was they showed the movie Tangled outside by the waterfall one night. Us girls went and it was pretty fun to lay there in the dark and watch a movie late at night.
Macie has been fascinated by the koi fish. The first time we were there I didn't have a quarter to by food to feed them, so when we got home, she put one of her quarters in my purse so we'd have it the next time we went. Well, the next time we went I left my purse home. A kind stranger heard our conversation and was kind enough to give Macie a quarter.
Thank you, kind stranger!
We spent an entire afternoon hanging out at the erosion table.
Pretty sure that's why I'm almost out of data on my phone for the month. It was so nice to sit there though while they played (and they weren't home messing up my clean house). We finally had to leave because so nice old grandma had stationed herself next to me and she kept touching Lexi. It was driving me nuts. Feel free to tell me how cute my baby is, but please don't touch!!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment