When I asked Macie what kind of birthday she wanted to have, she told me a farm party. I started to plan one and then I thought, "Why don't I just do it at the farm?"
So I did and saved myself oodles of energy. She only had a few friends come, and I'm grateful to the 2 moms that stayed to help me keep track of them. I had prayed in the morning that I wouldn't lose anyone's child. Probably was an answer to my prayer!
You all probably know that I'm a bit of a control freak about my decorations and such...but I let go. You'll notice my adorable little water bottles and treat bags, right? I also had a cute farm table cloth. When we hit Wal-Mart to pick out some cupcakes, she chose...whales and lobsters. And I let her.
Macie was easily persuaded by Lindsay about her birthday dinner. We went to Texas Roadhouse so that Macie could sit on the saddle. I love the top 2 pictures of Maddie and Lindsay being goofy. (And as I sat typing this, I thought about all of the leftovers that went home in Jeramy's car...and I realized I haven't seen them...they are still in Jeramy's car. Bummer. I was looking forward to that last roll). I'm pretty sure Macie had a good birthday. It was fun to focus on her for the day. She's such the peacemaker that she is always doing what other people want her to do or what will make them happy. It was fun to "make" her choose things on her own for a change. (Even if she did chose Texas Roadhouse to please Lindsay).


No comments:
Post a Comment