Friday, May 4, 2012
Happy Pinterest, I mean Easter
Ahhh....blessed Pinterest saves the holiday yet again.
We started Easter week off with a FHE lesson given by Maddie about Christ that I found on Pinterest.
Saturday morning we made "ressurection rolls" I found the recipe (that I had last year but couldn't find this year) on Pinterest.
Saturday night we had a BBQ with some friends in our yard. It's become a yearly tradition that the kids look forward to. (No Pinterest involved for me, but someone brought eggs dyed all the way through that I'm pretty sure I saw on there).
Saturday night after I put the girls to bed, Lindsay came in and whispered, "mom, are you really the easter bunny?" I laughed her off and said, "Do I look like the easter bunny?" She was not impressed. She kept asking and asking. I told her to go to bed.
Sunday morning we did our low key easter baskets and egg hunt. Lindsay kept saying things like, "Thanks Mom." Trying to catch me in it.
I then proceeded to get 4 little girls ready for church by 9 a.m. How many more weeks of early church do we have this year??
It was our first week back at church since having Lexi.
I taught a rocking sharing time in Primary about Easter.
I cried.
A few times.
Dang hormones.
Once we got home I sent all the girls upstairs while I made a special (Pinterest) Easter lunch. I cut up their sandwiches into little bites and put them in easter eggs and hid everything out in the yard. They had a blast finding their lunch. All though, next year I'm going to assign each of them a color of eggs to find for their lunch. Maddie ended up with all the sandwich eggs and Lindsay ended up with mostly apples. They had to divide them back out to make a balanced lunch.
We then took a much needed nap. OK, Lexi and I took a much needed nap.
I then made a dessert with a bad name that I got off Pinterest. It didn't turn out. At all. It was renamed Easter Pudding. (the crust didn't work and I just made it without a crust).
We headed up to Grandma Jean's for dinner and an easter egg hunt.
What a day!
Thank you, blessed Pinterest, for helping me this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that's way more than I can say I did for my kids! Great job :)
I'm going to try that dessert :)
Post a Comment