Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lexi's Blessing Day


We blessed Lexi on May 6, 2012. The above is a picture of my table before food was on it.  I had fun doing something "crafty" again. 
Grandma and Grandpa Wakley came down, along with Tera and Jonny from Malad.  We also had Grandma and Grandpa Steele there, Tracy, Carly and Ashley.  They had to leave early because Carly was sick.  Kerry and Scott and their entire clan except for Rachel and Josh who were in California. 
The men that stood the the circle were Jeramy, Grandpa Gary, Jonny, Scott, Todd, Jason and Mike. 

When we got home from church, Lexi was asleep and then when she woke up, she was "hangry" (hungry and angry) so I quickly took her dress off and fed her- telling myself I'd put her dress back on after.  Whoops!  That didn't happen.  No one got a picture of Lexi in her dress! 

It was such a nice day surrounded by our family.  We really did miss those that couldn't be here! 
The highlight of the day was during sacrament meeting I was holding KaDee (my 7 month old niece) and I thought, "Oh...she's so warm."  Then I realized it wasn't warmth, it was pee.  All down my dress.  Somehow I had moved her "just right" and she peed at the "just right" moment and it went on me - and none in her diaper!  So I sat through the rest of the meeting with a warm feeling that soon turned cold and not so pleasant.  Love you, KaDee! 

3 comments:

Russ Steele said...

Sure it was the baby.

Robin said...

Wish we were there too.

Janet said...

You are super crafty!