Our day started off with Lindsay's kindergarten animal report. She was so excited to teach us about horses. We only had one major argument about which direction the box should face when we made our (I mean her) diorama. It was so fun to see all of the kids and how excited they were. Once we had seen them all, we walked down to the cafeteria and ate lunch with Maddie. We then walked back down to check Lindsay out and I found her in tears sitting on Amannda's lap. She thought we'd left her.
We went home for a few hours, then I went back to the school for a Mother's Day presentation in Maddie's class. It was adorable and so fun to be in her class. I don't volunteer in her class (I grade spelling tests every Friday at home) and so it was the first time I was really in there with her. Super fun to see her shine.
I then checked her out, and took her home and got her ready for a birthday party. She went to the party for an hour, and then we had to pull her out to go to her piano recital. She did fantastic, as usual. She has nerves of steel and wasn't nervous at all. Someday I hope to be as confident as her! She loves playing the piano and I'm grateful for her teacher, Nikki. I tried to teach her and we did not do well together at all. And I'm grateful to grandma Jean for driving 30 minutes for 30 seconds of her playing.
And so we survived our crazy day. So much fun to be busy and be able to be there for our girls and support them. I love to see how each one of them are growing up and learning new things!

No comments:
Post a Comment