Maddie is always bugging us about getting a phone, a facebook account, an email account, reading books way more mature than she is (like Hunger Games and Twilight). Monday night we were at Thanksgiving point having ice cream after our FHE lesson. Once again, the topic came up and instead of just saying no, I stopped and thought. I said, "It's not that we're just being mean, there's a lot of responsiblity and maturity required to have an email account." I had been reading the new "For Strength of Youth" pamphlet and it just happened to be in my purse, so I pulled it out and said, "This booklet is for when you turn 12. It talks about the important standards and things you should and should not do. These are things you need to understand in order to be ready for things in life that might come at you."
She was intrigued. She took the pamphlet from me and started flipping through it. She held on to it and didn't offer to hand it back. Once we got home, she sat down at the computer with it and I thought nothing of it. After about an hour, I noticed she'd been typing and I asked what she was doing. She proceeded to tell me that she was reading the booklet and if there were things that she needs to work on, she was typing them out so she could hang it in her room.
Wow.
I was impressed.
Infact, I still am impressed.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is awesome!!! I am impressed but not too much she is your child already with the lists! ;) YOu are an amazing mother.
Post a Comment