Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lexi 2 months

Lexi had her 2 month check up on May 1st.  She tipped the scale at 9 pounds 9 ounces.  21 and 3/4 inches tall and her head came in at the 50% percentile.  She's doing good!
She has been more full of smiles for us the past few weeks.  She's starting to smile when I come in to get her out of bed, which I LOVE - unless it's the 5 a.m. feeding.  Then I am the mean mom and ignore those adorable smiles and just feed her.
She will occasionally tell a good story.  Usually when it's just the two of us alone.  She can't compete will all the jabbering of 3 older sisters!
She is a little bit colicky.  She is a very good baby...until 10 p.m.  She will cry and not be soothed from then until 1 a.m.  Then, like clockwork, she drops at 1 and sleeps until 5 or 6.  (Last night she made it to 8!!).
She loves to sleep in her bouncy chair.  Not a huge fan of the swing.  She usually will only sit in it when we are eating dinner and she's right between me and Jeramy.
She brings so much happiness into our home.  The girls are still fascinated by her and love to help with anything.  The other night at dinner I said, "Aren't you guys so happy to have a baby sister?"  Maddie and Macie said yes.  Lindsay said no.  When I asked her why, she said, "She made you miss my spotlight and I'll never get to have a kindergarten spotlight again."  And there you have it.  Lindsay is planning on holding a grudge about that for the rest of her life.
My favorite time of day is after we put the older girls to bed and Jeramy and I will lay on the bed and talk with Lexi between us.  She's usually pretty full of smiles and it's nice just having some "alone time" with her.  (And then the clock strikes 10...not so much fun).
I love her little eyelashes.
I love that when she gets upset, her little hands start opening and closing really fast.  That means she's going to get really mad really quick.
I love the way she will turn her head to find the sister that is talking to her.
I love how adorable she looks in jeggings.
I love that she's been such a good sleeper.  (Since I started this post, I've had 4 more nights with 6 straight hours of sleep for me).
I love her tiny little toes.
I love that her size one diapers go way over her belly button.
I even love her "poop face" and when she scrunches up her hands and arms to help her "push."  (Gross, I know, but pretty dang cute).
I love watching her little lips curl as she tries to "coo" and seeing the excitement in her eyes when she does it.
I find myself daily just smiling at her and thinking how grateful I am to have her,
I just love my baby!




No comments: