Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crazy ideas

On one of the first nice afternoons we had this spring, I got the brilliant idea to walk to Maverick. Lexi was fussy and I thought the walk would push her over the edge into blissful sleep. So I told the girls that we were walking to Maverick and they could each choose a treat. They were thrilled! We started our walk and before we were even out of our neighborhood, Macie was complaining that she was tired. I held her hand and that gave her the strength she needed to go on. We got to Maverick - we averaged a 31 minute mile. We each chose a treat. Then Lindsay looked up at me and whined, "You said nothing about having to walk HOME from Maverick!"
I burned a whopping 188 calories and then I ate a 250 calorie ice cream bar on my walk home.  All to get this baby to go to sleep.
Didn't work.
Good times!

1 comment:

Janet said...

This whole post had me laughing!