Monday, May 30, 2011

The zoo

Our zoo season pass ends tomorrow, so we decided we should use it one last time.  We went up on Thursday right after school. 
Best
Trip
Ever!
Front row parking, cloudy and a little chilly, but not cold.  Pretty much empty.
Only ones on the train ride.
Only ones playing with "the ball."
Only ones watching the vulture eat it's dinner...and dry heaving as we did so. 

Pretty much the only ones on the toys.  I let the girls play for about 45 minutes because I could actually keep track of them while I sat on my bench.  It's amazing when there's not a million other little kids there how much fun the zoo can be! 
They have added some dinosaurs all around and the girls loved them.  Macie was terrified of them, even though she kept saying, "It's not real, right?"
Favorite animal of the trip
Maddie: the tortoise, again.
Lindsay: penguins - that weren't there still.  Total bummer.  :(
Macie: the baby elephant...again.
Heidi: my kids. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah, Macie looks totally thrilled in that last picture.

I hope you found your camera! Wait... You have pictures from the zoo. Does that mean you found your camera?